UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

And this is why I said I won't get excited lol £100 for a film is bloody insane, even £60 is too much for me tbh. I may see how much I can get for my old CE version (I assume not much) but at this point it's probably a pass and pick up the US version (because apparently they won't be releasing an SE, which is pretty ****** of them tbh), how very disappointing.
I purchased a copy of the old AL CE for around £10 iirc and they don’t seem to sell for more than £15, so it would take the price of the new edition down a bit.

I’m personally waiting on this for now and will see if it’s still available later in the year at that mailing list price or less.

Too bad I don't like Satoshi Kon stuff... Storyboards (complete at that) are rare to be out there. Mostly just for really popular directors, or movies, otherwise it's just a few scenes snippets, just the OP/ED or perhaps the full first episode at most. (The only full TV show I saw complete storyboards out would be Dennou Coil.)
But yes, being able to read them makes them much more interesting. I can read them (somewhat, depends on the handwriting), but an approach as KyoAni apparently did for Banja may habe been too much work for as many pages.

Which reminds me, I still kind of want that Baja one, any chances of that being sold on the shop, too instead of just on a con? .____.

Getting All The Anime France GITS "remaster" vibes here:

Should have done a new scan instead of remastering an old CRT transfer. It's a minor improvement, so I'll stick with the old BD.

The original film elements were accidently destroyed, so that’s impossible.
e1KAJWe.gif

Well, that sucks. :(

Sorry AL, but I’m going Sh*t Factory instead. If this were available on Amazon UK, I’d get it, but I’m not paying either £90 with poor shipping, or £60 with hideous prices to ship to the US. I would buy this if it weren’t an exclusive. You’re out of your damn minds doing it like this- you loose customers. I guarantee you’d probably sell more if it were available on Amazon as well, even at the same price.

The packaging, while beautiful, is not worth that much more for an international customer like me...

All I want is AL to create a new website and use something that allows for something payment at dispatch as CE prices seem to be rising announcing something a day before in a middle of a month and giving people 13 days to find money or lose £30 is not good. I shouldn't be using zavvi as im technically losing £30 because I don't have £60 spare at short notice.
For every other UE AL exc gave zavvi the same price so I don't know why we have a random discount which for some reason are pretending is really secret instead of Zavvi having a similar discount.

Sorry AL, but I’m going Sh*t Factory instead. If this were available on Amazon UK, I’d get it, but I’m not paying either £90 with poor shipping, or £60 with hideous prices to ship to the US. I would buy this if it weren’t an exclusive. You’re out of your damn minds doing it like this- you loose customers. I guarantee you’d probably sell more if it were available on Amazon as well, even at the same price.

The packaging, while beautiful, is not worth that much more for an international customer like me...
Well... saying that the UK community has it far worse for US stuff. We can't order through Funimation and Sentai Filmworks' stores even if they have super discounted sales. Plus Rightstuf's own sales aren't worth justifying when you have high postage and 20% import tax + handling fees included in the costs.

I mean I understand the frustration with AL's high shipping costs, but at least you can actually order through them whereas we can't do the same for the US distributors.

I'm just saying.

Don't kill me.

I cant get the DBZ Set even if i wanted to thanks FUNimation. They are even giving a well known retailer as an option so way better than FUNi and Sentai.. (LOTGH SE WHEN)

£100 for ONE movie.......that’s absurd.

It is worth pointing out that we aren't selling "just a movie" here. The film itself has been remastered, which was an additional cost on our part. Licensing the soundtrack CD also adds a cost on our side of things. Then, of course, we have the storyboard book, which is the major component of this release and isn't cheap to produce by any stretch of the imagination, and has been a real labour of love from day one.

This is an Ultimate Edition release for a reason - we know it's not for everyone, but it also isn't the first UK release of this title. The market for people who want just the film have been served for some time now, this edition is squarely targeted towards people who want a definitive release that allows them to explore the film in real depth.

I thought AL was high on some substances when they announced that Cowboy Bebop UE, but £100 for ONE movie? dear god. As much as I like Satoshi Kon's work this is sadly an easy pass. I'll wait for the inevitable SE release.

edit: I hope for AL that they don't continue to outprice themselves otherwise they might lose customers.

It is worth pointing out that we aren't selling "just a movie" here. The film itself has been remastered, which was an additional cost on our part. Licensing the soundtrack CD also adds a cost on our side of things. Then, of course, we have the storyboard book, which is the major component of this release and isn't cheap to produce by any stretch of the imagination, and has been a real labour of love from day one.

This is an Ultimate Edition release for a reason - we know it's not for everyone, but it also isn't the first UK release of this title. The market for people who want just the film have been served for some time now, this edition is squarely targeted towards people who want a definitive release that allows them to explore the film in real depth.
I'm sorry that your getting grief over the price and I personally think it's a fare price for it and al is not forceing anyone to buy it but I guess some people want something for nothing unfortunately.

I thought AL was high on some substances when they announced that Cowboy Bebop UE, but £100 for ONE movie? dear god. As much as I like Satoshi Kon's work this is sadly an easy pass. I'll wait for the inevitable SE release.

edit: I hope for AL that they don't continue to outprice themselves otherwise they might lose customers.

The pricing is likely down to the desicions of the licensors, due to the physical content. I wouldn't count on a Standard Edition using the new transfer as there's already a Standard Edition using the previous transfer and Manga Entertainment's subtitles.

I've decided to take advantage on the offer of the Ultimate Edition for £59.99 direct, and personally, with the physical extras included, £59.99 seems like a reasonable price to me.

Yet in the US is a standard edition with the new disc that's the problem. Its not hard to get the new disc and its in stock rn for them we wait a month pay £90 if you don't have £60 rn and yeah.

Well... saying that the UK community has it far worse for US stuff. We can't order through Funimation and Sentai Filmworks' stores even if they have super discounted sales. Plus Rightstuf's own sales aren't worth justifying when you have high postage and 20% import tax + handling fees included in the costs.

I mean I understand the frustration with AL's high shipping costs, but at least you can actually order through them whereas we can't do the same for the US distributors.

I'm just saying.

I'm from Poland. On Zavvi I see shipping cost: 4gbp.
Anime Ltd shop: 11,5GBp

Anyway... I could buy this movie for discounted price with these cost, if I will have more time. Currently I have only until 24 of March... Why, Anime Ltd? Please, tell me.

Back