UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I think having the complete storyboard is a really cool feature, but £90 for a single film is ridiculous... especially when the book isn't even translated (which I get there's a lot of sentimental reasons behind, but still...)

Just checked my email, and yeah, there's a Discount code that brings it to £60. That's more palpable, considering I'd expect the book to be about £30-40 were it sold separately. Now I just need to ask myself how much I like Perfect Blue...

Looks like Anime Limited are planning on releasing the books separately later on too. From their blog post:

-- But I only want to buy the books?
At this time we can say there are plans afoot to release the books without the discs included at some point in the future, but we have no other details we can share on that at this time. That said, as we've mentioned this is a brand-new remaster of the film that's not been included in any previous release, and it does include extras unavailable on our previous Blu-ray release.

I love Satoshi Kon. I love Perfect Blue. This release looks absolutely beautiful. But there is no way in Hell I can justify spending that kind of money on it. Oh well. Anyone upgrading wanna give me their old digipack version?

Or if AL wanna release it again in another couple of years when I'm done with uni and have a job, that'd be great.

the people who worked with Satoshi Kon along with those who are preserving his work want to take the utmost care when it comes to any of his works ... they quite rightly want to project his legacy
Be nice if that care for his legacy extended to finishing or at least releasing what they have of The Dreaming Machine.

Last edited:
Gee whizz, blimey Charlie etc. that's a lot for one film that I already own...it does look gorgeous though. For £40 I'd certainly be down for it...but this is probably asking too much. The storyboard book is not something I feel I need, but is probably contributing most to the price. The 48-page book (though the contents are a bit vague, is it a translation of the Kon's Tone stuff I've been banging on about?) is what sounds most essential to me but paying £60 or £90 for it is not something I feel I can justify, which is a shame.

It seems strange that they're going to release the books separately but not the remaster as a standalone. I'd then be able to mix-and-match the package that I want.

And this is why I said I won't get excited lol £100 for a film is bloody insane, even £60 is too much for me tbh. I may see how much I can get for my old CE version (I assume not much) but at this point it's probably a pass and pick up the US version (because apparently they won't be releasing an SE, which is pretty ****** of them tbh), how very disappointing.

Back