UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Because this is a Bandai title so isn’t supporting AL at all. And AL and Gundam has lost my trust where is 00 where is Turn a where is half the US stuff. Maybe I wanted to own V Gundam we were promised every title the US got originally they want us to forget that as they can’t match that in any way. So even considering buying Gundam from them isn’t easy because they suck at it. Only 0079 got a good speed release but that didn’t sell well so we got stuck with this crappy joint release scheme. And what I heard of these importing accounts it’s quicker to get the release from amazon Japan than using AL. So even if cost me £3 more I’d probably get it faster so even I wanted this CE I would use amazon as I trust amazon Japan and DHL more than AL and UPS yes

So you don't think Sunrise takes note of how many of these imports AL presents them with an order of? That it doesn't factor in to determining how they gauge treating the UK as a market going forward?

So you don't think Sunrise takes note of how many of these imports AL presents them with an order of? That it doesn't factor in to determining how they gauge treating the UK as a market going forward?
No because a £80 set of a film and the standard £20 CE Are totally different markets. I don’t why we are even getting this from AL we didn’t get unicorn or Thunderbolt 4K when the US did I would say both have a larger audience than this film which sounds crap. I’m spending £60 on a film I’m stupid for doing that I don’t want to be forced to spend £80 because Bandai pretend the cheaper option don’t exist. If the cheaper option was available I would buy from AL no I wouldn’t actually because AL charge up front and I plan to use April’s pay to get this as it comes out in May.

Since the standard edition costs roughly £42 that's really not very smart once you calculate everything else, plus the fact you apparently hate this film but hey it's your money to gamble as you like.

Since the standard edition costs roughly £42 that's really not very smart once you calculate everything else, plus the fact you apparently hate this film but hey it's your money to gamble as you like.
No I’ve read the reviews it sounds like fanservice and oh yes I would love a book I can’t read oh I would love an audio drama I can’t underatand and I don’t like that extra poster. I don’t hate the film I haven’t seen it doesn’t sound as good as Origin or Thunderbolt this set is overpriced by even Japanese standards my Fate HF I set is a longer film and is a full a CE with two books and a OST and that cost me £65

No I’ve read the reviews it sounds like fanservice and oh yes I would love a book I can’t read oh I would love an audio drama I can’t underatand and I don’t like that extra poster. I don’t hate the film I haven’t seen it doesn’t sound as good as Origin or Thunderbolt

Not what I meant...

No because a £80 set of a film and the standard £20 CE Are totally different markets. I don’t why we are even getting this from AL we didn’t get unicorn or Thunderbolt 4K when the US did I would say both have a larger audience than this film which sounds crap. I’m spending £60 on a film I’m stupid for doing that I don’t want to be forced to spend £80 because Bandai pretend the cheaper option don’t exist. If the cheaper option was available I would buy from AL no I wouldn’t actually because AL charge up front and I plan to use April’s pay to get this as it comes out in May.
Regardless of your personal opinion these sets are the product Sunrise/BV are offering. Which means they'll be keeping tabs on how they sell, comparing how many units total each regional partner gets orders for, etc. That all plays a part in how they'll treat those regions going forward. A business that sees diminishing returns in a market will eventually give up on it.

All I want from Bandai next film or whatever is give the international sellers all products people who want the CE can get it and people want the cheaper option can get that and support the licensor/distributor everybody’s happy but that isn’t happening with this.

The maths still doesn't work out but whatever. Let me know how much you actually end up spending just to not get a book, it will be good to know how much import VAT goes up for 19/20

If I sat here crying about Brexit I wouldn't be buying anything, ill be building my bomb shelter.
its £20 cheaper max it will still be least £10 and if Brexit destroys us so much how will AL be able to justify the £80 price too their price of importing them in would rise.

If I sat here crying about Brexit I wouldn't be buying anything, ill be building my bomb shelter.
its £20 cheaper max it will still be least £10 and if Brexit destroys us so much how will AL be able to justify the £80 price too their price of importing them in would rise.

Nobody said Brexit, now you're just being obtuse.

Your implying something will make it go above £60.
The set I have preordered right now at £57.80 with VAT and all that im happy enough. Amazon does the vat for you so I won’t be using Royal Mail or anyone else and their little fees. If I had to I probably would use AL.

Last edited:
this is a Bandai title so isn’t supporting AL at all.
Well I imagine AL are getting wholesale prices from Sunrise and taking a cut of the sale price, otherwise I doubt they'd bother offering it for sale at all. It's not likely to be too profitable I don't imagine, but like HellCat says it will help both AL and Sunrise gauge market interest.

Sadly I can't afford to blow that kind of money on a film, even if I wanted to.

Your implying something make it go above £60.

Indeed we are coming up to the new financial year which is on April 6th I believe and I have heard that import VAT goes up this year. But like I said whatever it's no skin off my nose what you do.

Amazon does the vat for you so I won’t be using Royal Mail or anyone else and their little fees.

You do realise those are very different things right?

Last edited:
Gauge market interest? No better way to kill a market than to keep quiet about franchise titles that already got announced. Looking at Turn A only makes me want to boycott AL Gundam releases even more.

Back