UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

£82 from AL vs £64 from Amazon JP. That’s not counting shipping. Consider that the Amazon price will most likely drop to the ¥7000 to ¥8000 range, and that’ll convert to £47 to £52.
Unless you're going over to pick it up from their warehouse why would you not include shipping that you're going to have to pay? And VAT for us in the UK too. It works out about the same price as far as I can see.

Unless you're going over to pick it up from their warehouse why would you not include shipping that you're going to have to pay? And VAT for us in the UK too. It works out about the same price as far as I can see.
*Is the one American Online here right now who ignores stuff like VAT because it doesn’t effect him really but feels like a dumba$$ when it’s brought up to refute a statement made*

Okay.

Has anyone else received a return label for a damaged item in the 12 Days of Christmas yet? On January 25th Jeremy sent everyone with to be returned items an email about this, but there was no follow-up. I've sent a reply two weeks ago, but I haven't receive an answer yet.

I live outside the UK and I don't know if returning will go as easily after Brexit. Also I'm looking at this package on my desk ready to go for months now, so I'd like to know if I can give it away or throw it away instead.

Has anyone else received a return label for a damaged item in the 12 Days of Christmas yet? On January 25th Jeremy sent everyone with to be returned items an email about this, but there was no follow-up. I've sent a reply two weeks ago, but I haven't receive an answer yet.

I live outside the UK and I don't know if returning will go as easily after Brexit. Also I'm looking at this package on my desk ready to go for months now, so I'd like to know if I can give it away or throw it away instead.

I don’t believe anyone has had an update about this - I certainly haven’t. The email in January stated that return labels is probably what they were going to do, but I don’t think they were 100% sure yet so the situation is just in limbo for now.

I have some duplicate items and emailed them for an update last week. They did respond but only to say there was no update yet. Still waiting on Sony DADC by the sounds of it.

I'm sure they will want the damaged items back, they did for the order I made in January where both Jewel cases got broken in transit, so I presume it's just a case of getting it organized. I was asked to return them and then they'd send me store credit to redeem in store (which to be honest would be a bit of a pain if I wasn't about to pre-order Mirai when it becomes an option). I imagine the 12 days of Christmas stuff is a little different though given how many people are involved.

So I got an email from AL with return instructions yesterday. Looks like it's finally progressing.

Yep, got my return label for Space Dandy Season 2.

For those interested:

How to return the parcel -

It's very simple.
  • Print the attached PDF in full.

• Enclose the first page of the document ("Return Authorisation") within the parcel your returning.

• Ensure the contents are safely stowed and seal the parcel.

• Affix the label (2nd page of the PDF attached to this email), filling in the empty boxes so that it reads as "1 of 1".

• Then please write on the parcel the long "RA number" from the paperwork along with the following address on the parcel:

Sony DADC Returns
    Department C/O DHL Radlett
    4 Old Parkbury Lane
    Colney Street
    Radlett
    Hertfordshire
    UK
    AL2 2DZ

To clarify, you must write the address on the parcel in addition to affixing the label to the parcel as well.

• And finally take to the post office to send before the date noted on the returns label.
And that's all there is to it. As mentioned earlier, don't need to pay any postage as it's a free post returns label, but the only catch is that the parcel will need to be sent back before the expiry date note on the label.

A few points to note -
  • You may notice there's a lot of information at the bottom of the "Returns Authorisation" page. You don't need to worry about that. That information has to be included on their paperwork as part of their regular processes, but due to the unique circumstances surrounding our December 2018 sale that doesn't apply here. So please just follow the instructions noted above.

• When it comes to time limits, the only one to keep in mind is that the parcel will need to be sent before the date listed on the return label (2nd page of PDF attached.)

Actually getting the CE from amazon japan is cheaper than AL and that’s including postage and customs.

Varying on the exchange rate, my Amazon Japan order is standing at £80.67 (11,844 JPY).

Depending on what Brexit does to the pound, ordering off AL may be cheaper.

Varying on the exchange rate, my Amazon Japan order is standing at £80.67 (11,844 JPY).

Depending on what Brexit does to the pound, ordering off AL may be cheaper.
AL stops preorders far too early to even estimate Brexit impact it’s 4 days later after all
And how mixed this film seems to be the £58 Standard edition seems well over what's it worth so Im not spending an extra £20 for mostly extras I cant understand

Actually getting the CE from amazon japan is cheaper than AL and that’s including postage and customs.

I just checked and the CE on it's own works out to the equivalent of roughly £65 before any of that. Which is only £15 less. Factor in the EU's +20% import tax for items over £15 which adds an extra £13 or so and overseas postage + Royal Mail's standard £8 processing fee (unless you go with a courier in which case their equivalent) I don't see how it works out cheaper tbh.

As mentioned above none of this even considers the exchange rate or potential post brexit costs for when it comes out. I used today's rates for reference.

While I don't import films I do import enough games (and Gunpla :D)

Last edited:
Back