UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

It isn’t free at MCM you have to pay to get in and they showed origin there before. Also sunrise gave the first 20 min of this film for free I assume they want as wide as possible exposure

And I love AL CE releases specifically for their use of digipaks over BD cases. I love digipaks, especially long 5 or 6 panel digis with a single spanned artwork across all the panels. I wish AL's releases had more panels than their typical two-disc digipak. Still, that's the main reason I import so many of their CE sets.

And I love AL CE releases specifically for their use of digipaks over BD cases. I love digipaks, especially long 5 or 6 panel digis with a single spanned artwork across all the panels. I wish AL's releases had more panels than their typical two-disc digipak. Still, that's the main reason I import so many of their CE sets.

Yeah, I really like the digipak design and it looks so much better sitting on a shelf than a bog standard Amaray (even if the chipboard boxes do take up a bit more space).

Oh, please, no. More than 3 panels and it becomes unhandy to open. (You need a desk to put it down and two hands to safely get it open.) 3 is exactly perfect. 2 is fine, too.

ezgif-4-1e7dcd823c4f.gif

The reason I did bring them up was because Liz is a film that requires good compression due to the filmmaking techniques Yamada used. Anything other than excellent, and you get a heap of banding and chromatic aberration bleeding into other parts of the frame.

Nothing wrong with repeating the same opinion if it means being heard; we shouldn't settle for something that's merely 'good enough' if it could be perfect or close to it.

Nothing wrong with repeating the same opinion if it means being heard; we shouldn't settle for something that's merely 'good enough' if it could be perfect or close to it.
Agreed. Some things are easier to encode than others, but when you have an image with as many effects that are very subtle (depth of field, chromatic aberration, simulated distortion, etc) which make up the bulk of each (or the majority) of the frames in the film, you'd better be damn confident in it looking spot on. Liz is an easy film to screw up simply due to its production methods.

That's the only reason I bring it up. If it were handled by the French encoders, there's a chance it would lack the precision required to transfer it to a disc.

Pretty sure the word was someone already had it anyway and it wasn't Anime Limted. The same person that said this also said he would be surprised if we even got season 2 of the series based on conversations at a con (although it's not entirely out of the question).

Last edited:
Back