UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Since it's the last chance:
bpJMDUS.jpg

Between this and the FMA UE, they'll be naming the office stapler after me.

I wonder if March comes like a lion will show up. It's still very new, but many send to hope for Maquia and both would fit into a "family" theme...
(After 4x dipping I might end up with a 5th then...)

I damn well hope not. I’ve had enough tragedy so far with titles I already own being very cheap. Haven’t even watched those yet.

We only ever put things into discount that are older than April release - so there's 0% chance of March Came in Like a Lion being at that price I am afraid this year. Same reason for Hyouka Part 2 being nowhere to be found!

New projects unreleased ala Pigtails are potentials for the 12 days as an early bird though when it makes sense there so it's not impossible Maquia will show up for an EB during the sale - all depends on the theme really...

Best,

AP

We only ever put things into discount that are older than April release - so there's 0% chance of March Came in Like a Lion being at that price I am afraid this year. Same reason for Hyouka Part 2 being nowhere to be found!

New projects unreleased ala Pigtails are potentials for the 12 days as an early bird though when it makes sense there so it's not impossible Maquia will show up for an EB during the sale - all depends on the theme really...

Best,

AP
"It's The Existential Dread That You Will Outlive Your Loved Ones Sale!"

Few ones I'm mopping up in passing:

All the Gundam titles are part of a distribution deal apart from G Reco iirc. They might have a stipulation that they have a minimum sale value.

That's precisely it - distribution partner deals make no sense for the sale like that because of the structure of the deals. Nobody wins out on that side sadly on a business level :(.

Are you kidding me? Where was the "wait for our undamaged CE release that we're working on and have that as a replacement" option when they failed to actually provide a fixed part for the UE?
Thankfully, CEX will give me £37 for one of my Escaflowne UEs.

At that point we'd not decided to do one or I'd certainly have suggested it so it's a shame we didn't. For anyone else wondering why - there's no offence meant for anyone who's bought another version but it's been two years since the Ultimate and there was artwork I really wanted to make use of there again like Gurren Lagann so I set about it just. The Christmas sale seemed like a good place to introduce it (as well as the ones for Assassination Classroom and Snow White & the Red Hair).

As ever these things are experiments and I am open to feedback or suggestions, will always take them on board where I can :).

Best,

AP
I thought as much but thank you for the clarification nevertheless. Curious to see what will turn up over the next four days before the mystery box day on the 12th.

Few ones I'm mopping up in passing:

That's precisely it - distribution partner deals make no sense for the sale like that because of the structure of the deals. Nobody wins out on that side sadly on a business level :(.

At that point we'd not decided to do one or I'd certainly have suggested it so it's a shame we didn't. For anyone else wondering why - there's no offence meant for anyone who's bought another version but it's been two years since the Ultimate and there was artwork I really wanted to make use of there again like Gurren Lagann so I set about it just. The Christmas sale seemed like a good place to introduce it (as well as the ones for Assassination Classroom and Snow White & the Red Hair).

As ever these things are experiments and I am open to feedback or suggestions, will always take them on board where I can :).

speaking of Gurren Lagann and artwork, is there a difference between the version being sold on the AL store and one that i've seen that has the same cover art as the ultimate edition but is just a regular version?

speaking of Gurren Lagann and artwork, is there a difference between the version being sold on the AL store and one that i've seen that has the same cover art as the ultimate edition but is just a regular version?

Would love to - but that artwork isn't allowed for usage now apparently - had to change our standard to remove it as well on latest reprint! The joys of artwork usage...

AP

Not gonna lie I'm a bit disappointed we haven't seen an early bird for Jin-Roh yet. That would have gone well for the Movie Day sale to go along with A Letter to Momo.

Back