UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Absolutely ridiculous price for Durarara, jumped on that **** with the force of a few tornadoes.

51.50 for the entire DRRR series, wow. I now have 3 copies of the first part, though...

Since the volumes are now on sale over on Rightstuf I suspect a BD-Box for each arc is potentially going to happen within the next year or two.

If I'm not wrong, no complete box exist in Japan right now (only exclusive sellers store box).
AoA don't and probably won't ever do a complete box if there is none in Japan, the only exeption of that rule was Nisemonogatari back then.
Also Durararax2 is not a "single" serie it's 3 seasons, so even less chances to see any complete box anytime soon.

If I'm not wrong, no complete box exist in Japan right now (only exclusive sellers store box).
AoA don't and probably won't ever do a complete box if there is none in Japan, the only exeption of that rule was Nisemonogatari back then.
There are currently three BD-Boxes for the Monogatari franchise in Japan.
  • Bakemonogatari
  • Nisemonogatari + Nekomonogatari Black
  • Monogatari series Second Season (Neko White, Kabuki, Otori, Oni, Koi & Hana)
The latter was released last year, examples of the set:
i-img600x450-1543378073jd6pjj875401.jpg

i-img600x450-1543378073pbkrnh438799.jpg

i-img600x450-15323131973isfvx423645.jpg

They reprinted each arc to one disc?
Yes, as Aniplex uses BD25 disc extensively it’s not hard to bring the disc count down to 6 BD50’s for this release.

Not sure if AoA will follow suit and also release this. For me it doesn’t matter as i have all Monogatari except for Owarimonogatari volume 3.

Todays sale is crazy. That £49.99 bundle is as good as the mystery box.

Contains
Genius Party+Genius Part Beyond Ltd. Collector's Ed.
Tokyo Ghoul OVAs "Jack" & "Pinto" Ltd Collector's Ed.
HAL Ltd Collector's Ed.
Gurren Lagann Movie Collection Blu-ray
Space Dandy Season 1 Ltd Collector's Ed. Blu-ray
Space Dandy Season 2 Ltd Collector's Ed. Blu-ray
The Garden of Words Blu-ray
Tokyo Marble Chocolate Ltd Collector's Ed.
The Place Promised in Our Early Days + Voices of a Distant Star Blu-ray
Kino's Journey DVD

That bundle is great value, especially if you trade in duplicates to CeX or whatever. Mighty tempted just so I can double dip on Dandy.

Todays sale is crazy. That £49.99 bundle is as good as the mystery box.

Contains
Genius Party+Genius Part Beyond Ltd. Collector's Ed.
Tokyo Ghoul OVAs "Jack" & "Pinto" Ltd Collector's Ed.
HAL Ltd Collector's Ed.
Gurren Lagann Movie Collection Blu-ray
Space Dandy Season 1 Ltd Collector's Ed. Blu-ray
Space Dandy Season 2 Ltd Collector's Ed. Blu-ray
The Garden of Words Blu-ray
Tokyo Marble Chocolate Ltd Collector's Ed.
The Place Promised in Our Early Days + Voices of a Distant Star Blu-ray
Kino's Journey DVD
I have everything in the bundle except Kino's Journey, but that's getting a BD in the US, so I'll pass. Definitely sticking an order in for Pigtails though, been looking forward to that one.

Fyi there are only 60 units of the bundle being sold
I noticed. I also see that the Space Dandy sets are being sold separately so I might just pick up S2 for its artbook as well as Genius Party
Edit: ordered the bundle. Will be selling the duplicates either on eBay or just trade in to CeX. If I do the latter then Genius Party, both Dandy season and Kino would have cost like £20ish.

Tokyo Marble Chocolate sounds like a cool concept. But is it worth £9.99? Anyone seen it? 50 minutes isn't very long :/ (or is it me being relatively new to Anime?)

Back