UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Why its a great time for a sale. Its like opening a Christmas present. Whats the point after Christmas.
It takes the fun right out of it.

hes trying to say some people have to spend money on others so can't justify selfish expenditure on themselves. Christmas is a tight month for many.

I'm not going to get much/if anything from this sale since I have a £190 purchase on the 26th

hes trying to say some people have to spend money on others so can't justify selfish expenditure on themselves. Christmas is a tight month for many.

I'm not going to get much/if anything from this sale since I have a £190 purchase on the 26th
I save up all year round. Its not like we didn't know these sales were coming.
I get what his saying but that is what Christmas is.

Some US Anime shop (sentai?) once did a sale early January after the Christmas. (Or rather it was coupon codes with fairly high values after some minimum purchase.) That certainly threw off any sort of planning of advance mine, because I expecting that no other sale would come, because they all usually come before Christmas and thus my allocated budgets were already used up on not-so-important-but-perhaps-nice-to-have-titles.
Also I have to say, that did feel a bit more like a rip off of the Christmas frenzy coming after it than before. The diffrence was just perhaps 2-3 weeks and I could have saved three digit sums.

The Snow White artbox ist nice, through it would probably even more lovely if it were using the original manga's artwork. The Anime art isn't looking bad or anything, but for some reason it just looks different enough that I still haven't started watching it...

Same here.

They're different products owned by different publishers/sponsors. Just because they come from the same franchise doesn't mean their economic ties are similar. I recall this subject coming up during the Aria & Victorian Romance Emma kickstarters, where it was reiterated several times that it would take a colossal effort to even attempt such a feat (with the end result likely being a firm no). And that's not even bringing up that manga creators tend not to want to put their art on a project they themselves had no part in (I think that was specifically mentioned with VRE). They'd have to be involved in a paid, conceptual role during the actual production process for their assets to make it into the adaption, eg. Girls Last Tour).

They're different products owned by different publishers/sponsors. Just because they come from the same franchise doesn't mean their economic ties are similar. I recall this subject coming up during the Aria & Victorian Romance Emma kickstarters, where it was reiterated several times that it would take a colossal effort to even attempt such a feat (with the end result likely being a firm no). And that's not even bringing up that manga creators tend not to want to put their art on a project they themselves had no part in (I think that was specifically mentioned with VRE). They'd have to be involved in a paid, conceptual role during the actual production process for their assets to make it into the adaption, eg. Girls Last Tour).
Was just thinking, that sometimes it still happens. (Like Spice and Wolf and some of those LN adaptations.) Didn't really check on who owns what though.
It was probably more just me moaning that the anime looks as it does. I get that the designs as they are are definitely better suited for fluid animation (given the show has quite some sakuga animation), but Snow White the manga's charm was always more about its mono no aware-ish iyashikei atmosphere.
I guess the designs are either not close enough or not diffrent enough from the manga for me. As they are they kind of evoke a slight sort of uncanny valley to me.

To be honest, I just budget a certain amount per month for me to spend on fun things. Having sales before Christmas is also useful if you're buying for someone who is a weeb, or want to give people ideas of what to buy for you (which I may or may not have done last year).

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the upcoming days has a Mari Okada theme, including an early-early bird for Maquia. Although if so, I hope it includes a replica of the purdy theatrical poster :p.

******* Anime Limited, making me re-buy an anime from them for a nice box AGAIN. I'm really starting to hate this behaviour. I still haven't re-bought SAO2 and Persona 3 yet FFS.

Not sure if it's a good or bad thing they didn't do one for Yona. Which would have meant a triple dip, because I got the funis and went for the German one, too, just for their box. (Which is really nice, but just a mm too low to fit my Funis in. Boo.)

Jumped on the Snow White set. I did like the anime a lot and that box is lovely.

is amanchu still gone from the website? i been wanting to buy it for a while now and i still can't seem to find their listing for it :/

AOL have it if you're wanting it now. There are issues with some products on the AL website that I think Andy said would be resolved early next week. Amanchu - Collector's Edition Collection (12) Blu-Ray

Better off waiting for AOA to do a BD box. AL's X2 releases are not worth it. No OVAs and the DVDs have higher quality audio than the BDs.
Since the volumes are now on sale over on Rightstuf I suspect a BD-Box for each arc is potentially going to happen within the next year or two.

Back