UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Hey, AL, are you gonna do that BS move where only UK customers can buy them like last year?

I hope you don't. I might get some items. Sure, they might not arrive before Christmas, but who knows. (If the really good deals make it worth the hideously expensive shipping)

EDIT: Yeah, I know like I'm asking for too much, but I know other people who'd be willing to buy titles during the sale as well, but they don't live in the UK. Still, I hope you consider it in the future.
Yeah

Hey, AL, are you gonna do that BS move where only UK customers can buy them like last year?

I hope you don't. I might get some items. Sure, they might not arrive before Christmas, but who knows. (If the really good deals make it worth the hideously expensive shipping)

EDIT: Yeah, I know like I'm asking for too much, but I know other people who'd be willing to buy titles during the sale as well, but they don't live in the UK. Still, I hope you consider it in the future.
Well it’s nowhere on their T&C section that the sale is for UK residents only and the FAQ they link to from the sale page even mentions that international orders are possible. But after reading this, it might all change in the next few days ;)

Is that like the 'BS move' that Sentai does where only US customers can buy from them anytime of the year?

Well, you've got it worse, sadly... Sentai won't even ship to Canada. Like I said, I'm asking a lot.
I agree with you, Sentai's decision is worse, and is pathetic even.

This is what happens on a UK based forum, the foreigner stands out (and I don't mean that insultingly, it's just fact). I only ask because I like AL as a company and some European friends of mine from Germany, Denmark and the Netherlands would buy some items during the sale.

Oh well. Guess I'm too entitled when our companies can't even ship to their next door neighbour.

only major annoyance is its at 5 pm which I cant help is designed to appeal to people in other time zones when it would ideally be at 8 pm or even 9 am which I think is a better slot sucks as concerned that going to miss out on some titles potentially

only major annoyance is its at 5 pm which I cant help is designed to appeal to people in other time zones when it would ideally be at 8 pm or even 9 am which I think is a better slot sucks as concerned that going to miss out on some titles potentially

Same, I understand it makes sense but on a personal level it's very annoying. I'm out for drinks on Saturday afternoon so I've got kimi no sei set to start playing at 4:55 lol

As Anime Limited is manned by humans (allegedly ;) ), we also have our own staff to consider here - the previous 9AM start time meant very early starts for the duration of the sales as there's a lot of back-end preparation that goes into each day of the sale, and similarly switching to 8PM would similarly mean asking a lot of us at a time when we're already setting aside weekends to manage the sale.

I'm all for feedback on preferred timings for our sales (although let's face it, there's never an ideal time for everyone), but please remember that we're all people with personal lives here too! :)

other major bug bear I have too is that its 3 items per customer, when it should be no more than 2 tops to give more people a chance to order one

It's worth noting that we limit the Mystery Boxes to two of each box per person (so one for yourself, a second as a gift), as these are usually the most in-demand items. For our other deals, we decided allowing a maximum of three items is a fair balance that dissuades people only looking to bulk buy but still gives our customers flexibility, following the tried and trusted Konata Izumi law of anime collections - one for personal use, one for collecting, and the other as a backup. :p

I dont think I can afford all the BD mystery boxes between AL and MVM so I'm most likely going to skip MVM seeing as I was not so much a fan of their previous box and I don't really own a lot of AL BDs anyway, so theres a very high chance I'll get a lot of new things out of this I suppose.

MVM never did a collectors edition box did they or were they all standard?

One of our days is usually a collector's edition day - and this year our Mystery DVD & BD boxes will have different titles in both.

ok bearing in mind the amount of work necessary I think other good option for timing would be 6 pm as a compromise as although its a hour later most people will have finished work by then. Will you be posting up what previews before hand of what titles are included so that for those of us unable to reach a suitable device can just get a parent/friend to place order.

ok bearing in mind the amount of work necessary I think other good option for timing would be 6 pm as a compromise as although its a hour later most people will have finished work by then.
I'd much prefer 6pm. I finish at 6 most days, no phones out at work, and no personal time in the last hour of my shift. So with a 5pm start on the deals, I'm relying on my brother to try and guess what deals I want and buy them for me without being able to actually check with me. That's just asking for some expensive unnecessary orders.

I work backshift so the old early posting of the deals suited me, this year I'll probably miss any limited ones now but oh well, having it later will suit more people so I think it's fair enough.

also any clarification on if the deals are going to be for just uk folk or will it be open to other countries too?

All of the terms and conditions, and any restrictions, are all listed up in full on our 12 Days of Christmas sales page. :)

And we won't be changing the timing of sales this year, but we'll certainly be keeping an eye on every element of the sale as always for future reference and refinement!

Out of interest will any of the pre-orders in the 12 days deal be complete surprise titles that we hadn’t heard anything about prior?

Back