UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

That has just been added it was not there an hour ago. Glad its now been cleared up....
But why is Geass going exclusive I feel it would do best on the shelf in shops like HMV

Hey guys,
Have been away the past the week, but just to quickly jump in and touch on a few topics that have been mentioned -

re: Black Friday at AllTheAnime.com?
In short, no. But that's because our 12 Days of Christmas offers will be returning starting 1st December~! (And yes, we know that's a Saturday too.) Stay tuned for more on that.

re: Code Geass (and other things in general)
I've been updating a number of things across the board today which is why certain things may differ from what they were ;)

re: Q1 slate,
Hopefully will be able to share info on that soon.

Hope that helps.

Hey guys,
Have been away the past the week, but just to quickly jump in and touch on a few topics that have been mentioned -

In short, no. But that's because our 12 Days of Christmas offers will be returning starting 1st December~! (And yes, we know that's a Saturday too.) Stay tuned for more on that.

I've been updating a number of things across the board today which is why certain things may differ from what they were ;)

Hope that helps.

Not to be a pain but since you're since you're about; I've sent a couple of emails to the shop@ email address regarding the Your Name disc but had nothing back yet.

Hey guys,

Hope that helps.
My wallet prepares to weep ;) Usually a good bargain though so looking forward to seeing what you’re offering this time around.

Not to be a pain but since you're since you're about; I've sent a couple of emails to the shop@ email address regarding the Your Name disc but had nothing back yet.

I've no context for the emails you've mentioned (and also can't tell your real name based on your forum profile name), but I am working my way though a slew of emails on that subject. So hopefully one of yours will be included :)

Agreed, though, the new FUNi release of the movie, which does have lossless 5.1 audio in both Japanese and English, has poor picture quality. Worse than the previous release by Image Entertainment- whose transfer Manga UK and Umbrella (in Australia) used.
It's a real shame AL aren't having a new blu-ray authored
before that's answered, if they do, I have a slight prediction that the 12 days will affect them again. the most effect it had last year was Blood Blockade Battlefront, it was one of the 12 days and they had trouble stocking it because it was in the mystery box!
I thought the issue was that Zavvi ordered a lot of the excess stock due to their sale.

before that's answered, if they do, I have a slight prediction that the 12 days will affect them again. the most effect it had last year was Blood Blockade Battlefront, it was one of the 12 days and they had trouble stocking it because it was in the mystery box!
BBB was not on sale during the 12 days, it was only in the mystery box.

The shortfall occurred due to Zavvi ordering a restock after it was decided to be in the box.

Can anyone check for me if these AL releases force subtitles if I select Japanese audio track?

Angelic Layer - Blu-ray Collector's Edition
Sound! Euphonium - Blu-ray Collector's Edition
March Comes in Like a Lion: S1 Part 1 - Blu-ray Collector's Edition

Just check if there's an option to watch the show without subtitles or a toggle option during playback.

Hats off if you take the time to check for me :)

Last edited:
Can anyone check for me if these AL releases force subtitles if I select Japanese audio track?

Angelic Layer - Blu-ray Collector's Edition
Sound! Euphonium - Blu-ray Collector's Edition
March Comes in Like a Lion: S1 Part 1 - Blu-ray Collector's Edition

Just check if there's an option to watch the show without subtitles or a toggle option during playback.

Hats off if you take the time to check for me :)
Sound! Euphonium's subtitles are locked.
March comes in like a Lion's subtitles are unlocked and can be turned on/off during playback.

Back