UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

(...) or to get a blu-ray drive for your computer and install kodi as that allows the region coding of the drive to be overridden allowing the playback of region locked discs (but probably not geo locked discs).
Geo locked discs can also be played back fine using Kodi. Just like the region code, the "geo lock" check is performed in software, not in hardware, so all you have to do is ensure that Kodi (or any other player for that matter) uses the correct country code when playing a geo locked disc.

Also good to note is that, no matter the solution (hardware modded, custom firmware, drive attached to a computer), you will always have to (manually) switch region codes, simply due to the way region codes are done with Blu-rays.

Personally I would opt for a drive attached to a computer as that seems the most future proof to me. Currently there are several software solutions that will allow you to play blu-rays and that will most likely stay as such. On top of that, if you extract the right keys for your Blu-rays, you will always be able to play them back, no matter which new Blu-ray you pop into your drive, which simply isn't guaranteed with (most) other solutions. Though, for ease-of-use a BD player is probably better.

Don't have to do that with AnyDVDHD or DVD Fab. Just insert disc, wait for decryption, and then play.
True, they have implemented a mechanism that will try the various region codes and determine which lead to a "dead-end" and which is/are the correct one. So in that case the switching is done for you, though, it isn't flawless. There are (and theoretically always will be) cases that they can't handle, in which case they will ask you for the correct region (at least DVD Fab does).

Surprised to see Reina delegated to below a disc, since I always regarded her as the second main character. (I had to think about moment about who Hazuki was again.)

Surprised to see Reina delegated to below a disc, since I always regarded her as the second main character. (I had to think about moment about who Hazuki was again.)
the front back and Sapphire art is the three PonyCan used iirc so its no surprise AL used them. I would say Asuka is second MC especially after S2.Edit they didnt use Hazuki they used this
742617600241_anime-sound-euphonium-collectors-edition-3-primary.jpg

Which makes more sense than Hazuki and Reina imo it is weird Sapphire who PonyCan used for v2 was shifted behind a BD.

Last edited:
I haven't seen S2, I really has the impression it was mostly about kurumi and Reina in S1.
Through she is also pretty small in the cover image... Is my memory playing tricks with me?

Back