UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

It's the next themed event. After the Attack on Titan castle siege, get your pickaxes ready as we go through a mountain range to find where the Turn A Blu-rays are buried.

Any Zakus we find are mine by default.

I'm slightly happy for Gundam 00 and Thunderbolt though, other Gundam announcements that were first mentioned in the past are getting shafted (I get since Gundam 00 already been rated by bbfc in the past). Though still wondering if 90's OVA's gundam are getting released here :rolleyes:

AL, please do more in-house encoding/compression if you can. We don't want stuff like this here

I would gladly import more of your releases if you did.
Ouch. You would have thought FUNimation would take more care for a pretty highly anticipated release...
Really puts me off this release now :-(

AL, please do more in-house encoding/compression if you can. We don't want stuff like this here

I would gladly import more of your releases if you did.

Re the discs - we actually usually do look to author our own especially on CR content if it makes sense (Rokka, Sound Euphonium and Kiznaiver are all our own authors for example) but sometimes to ensure proximity to release we do need to use the US masters.

For example, in the case of RE:ZERO if we’d done our own there are no guarantees we’d receive the master in time for MCM Comic Con. In this case we used Funimation’s master and it ensured a timely release that reduced the time greatly (no QC of discs required on our side beyond a nav check etc). While the compression is not ideal in this, make no mistake - this isn’t a Your Name situation at least.

Again as I’ve been a bit busy - I’ve not had time to look over the discs in full yet, but I am confident there’s not going to be a big enough issue overall to do immediate changes nor impact too much on most people’s viewing experiences. Either way, we’ll of course take fan feedback on board for Part 2 and look at what to do regarding authoring (time allowing).

That said, as this is the only disc available in English speaking (it’s for sure the same one the USA is using) then there’s not much we can do here right now short of an experience breaking fault.

Will have a look as soon as I'm back from MCM!

AP

Picked up Nadesico, the first 3 seasons of FMP and an FMP print.

Also, after struggling to get a Jurassic World poster into a reused AL tube, I never want to hear complaints about avoiding tubes again, please.

Framed FMP print signed by Shouji Gatou. Many thanks to @Hanners for his assistance on this.
ijMe98F.jpg

Thanks a bunch, will bring an envelope to keep it from bending on the tube.
The framed prints are about A3. The free ones which are being used as a default for the signings are the same design closer to A4. And if you go to the screenings, you get offered a version of it at about A5.

It is a lovely key visual but the Russian doll of MCM guest imagery.

The framed prints are about A3. The free ones which are being used as a default for the signings are the same design closer to A4. And if you go to the screenings, you get offered a version of it at about A5.

It is a lovely key visual but the Russian doll of MCM guest imagery.
Thanks for the info, I'm bringing a poster tube anyways for free posters.

Back