UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

So random question, I just took the book that came with Eureka Seven UE out the box and noticed the back of it looks pretty dirty, like it looks like it's stained but it's just the back cover (including the inside) that has it, the back page and such are fine so wondering if this was a design choice and they are all like that or if mine has somehow got damaged?

I had the same concern when I checked my copy back when it arrived and emailed about it, they replied it was intentional and even showed the image from their unboxing to confirm it. Hope this helps. Eureka Seven back of book .JPG

Not sure if this was already mentioned somewhere, but got an email from Amazon claiming Lupin the 3rd (2015) has been pushed back by some weeks and will be released now on June 18th instead of May 28th

Not sure if this was already mentioned somewhere, but got an email from Amazon claiming Lupin the 3rd (2015) has been pushed back by some weeks and will be released now on June 18th instead of May 28th
It was briefly mentioned somewhere so here's the TL;DR from the Hanners:
Orders on our shop should ship ASAP after MCM, but stock might not reach other retailers in time for May 28th so we had no house but to push it back.

I'm still struggling to work out how 3 posters and a book has at least doubled the value compared to a CE.

Looks nice though.

I'm still struggling to work out how 3 posters and a book has at least doubled the value compared to a CE.

Looks nice though.

Basically:
  1. The Collector's Edition part (aka rigid case, o-card, art cards) costs the same as a regular LE for us.
  2. The A4 book on top costs more to produce than a regular booklet
  3. The posters obviously cost more, as does a tube to roll them (would cost less to fold, but we know how everyone feels on that!)
  4. Then we have to build special packaging to hold all the parts + ship them safely (aka the mailers). These cost extra and even if we did them unbranded (which would be nasty) then there's still an added cost.
Everything is calculated off cost of production basically and how much we make back in to cover costs. So if it costs the same as a Collector's to produce (1) then costs more to do (2) and (3) then we have to scale the SRP to match.

We don't make the full SRP back usually too so that explains where the pricing comes from too on that frontier. We try to squeeze as much value in as we can though so we're not making a better % necessarily from the Ultimates than the Collector's - it just depends on what we have to work with. If we can do something mad, we will and pricing always reflects that.

Glad you like the look too!

Best,

AP

I really like how the set looks also. The £90-100 price point that's been going around is a decent offering for the contents shown. I really like that o-card for the Blu-ray set but it is kinda weird to see 'Collector's Edition' rather than 'Ultimate Edition' but I can let that one slide since that was probably the original design prior to upgrading the release last year.

I like the look of it but will likely hold off on getting it until later, assuming it's still available.

So do we know if Twin Star Exorcists is affected by the cancellations with Funimation, or was this licensed directly from the licensor?

I'm wondering if this has the shiny effect on the text and particles like the AoA and @Anime versions.

Hard to tell from the pictures, but the previous unboxings had gifs showing spot glossing so I guess not.

Back