UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Man, I'm confused at all this goings on behind the scenes with anime over there... It makes me very nervous to import any UK anime sets that do not come in a single/complete collection, because it seems there's too much of a chance the remaining part(s) will never get made. Ah well, someone please let me know when the FR steelcase comes out for Genocidal Organ, Like Iluvatar said, I'll have to order it and buy a copy of the Funi disc to put in it. One of the main reasons I started to import titles from the UK was to avoid giving any of my money directly to Funimation for their releases here; I really despise that company for their never-ending record of total incompetence. I also love digipaks, and AL is awesome for their CEs with chipboard and digipaks.

My biggest worry now is for a matching Season 2 CE of Ajin to get a UK release... I bought the UK Season 1 CE (with poster, which I framed), and I do have the Sentai Season 2 set only because that went on sale real cheap over here a month or two back - but I absolutely want the matching UK Season 2 CE to make a complete set, so it had better happen... :(

That, and Your Name disc re-authors.

Last edited:
Yes I'm looking forward to Mobile Suit Andrew Gundam, Mobile Fighter Jeremy Gundam, and Gundam Build Andy.

Hopefully we can get Keith Frontier also.
Oh god thanks for that hilarious image. News that does not need a thread; anime limited are replacing the titles they had to cancel with Kwik save type reboots, directed by and starring much of the AL staff.
Featuring such classics as gundam limited, Andrew parade and Keith comes like a lion.
Voice acting and animation may vary widely.
You guys seen ghost stories? This will be ghost stories x 1,000

The whole Sony/ Funimation problem limits what AL can license. Essentially they either have to beat Funimation to the UK license like Full Metal panic lV or acquire titles not licensed by them. So Nozomi or Aniplex etc... Maybe they will surprise us at MCM

There are times I wish I had saved that old "Adventures of Tomino" fan comic.

"Where are you going, Tomino-san?"
"There's still more Gundam to make."
"No! Enough Gundam already. Get the hell away from me!"
*fans advance like zombies, it being the only title they care about*

There are times I wish I had saved that old "Adventures of Tomino" fan comic.

"Where are you going, Tomino-san?"
"There's still more Gundam to make."
"No! Enough Gundam already. Get the hell away from me!"
*fans advance like zombies, it being the only title they care about*
"Tomino San! Please! Don't go away! I'm a fan on your non-gundam work! Can you sign this?"
*tomino signs, realises it's a contract binding him to another gundam series*

It feels like this is a delayed reaction to the Funimation/AL partnership failing months ago. Given all the evidence of how Sony is very much a "No, MINE!" company it was perhaps sadly inevitable.

MCM Stage schedules are up- Schedule | London Comic Con

They also have an app now which is a good alternative for anyone who has struggled to find a show guide/map when they arrive. It includes a full directory of exhibitors and sellers complete with a search function. Good going, MCM.

So if Sound Euphonium is still being released in France, how likely is it that Rakugo Shinju will also come out over there? I can't imagine SE being permitted to have an English sub track, but if Rakugo were to come out, with seemingly no other western release on the cards, I wonder if it would be possible to slip one in? I imagine the answer would be a combination of "it's complicated" to "no" but I would be interesting to hear if there was either a sliver of possibility on that front.

So if Sound Euphonium is still being released in France, how likely is it that Rakugo Shinju will also come out over there? I can't imagine SE being permitted to have an English sub track, but if Rakugo were to come out, with seemingly no other western release on the cards, I wonder if it would be possible to slip one in? I imagine the answer would be a combination of "it's complicated" to "no" but I would be interesting to hear if there was either a sliver of possibility on that front.

It would first need a English dub produced?

So random question, I just took the book that came with Eureka Seven UE out the box and noticed the back of it looks pretty dirty, like it looks like it's stained but it's just the back cover (including the inside) that has it, the back page and such are fine so wondering if this was a design choice and they are all like that or if mine has somehow got damaged?

Never mind, just checked the unboxing on their site and it's the exact same so all of them must be like that.

Last edited:
Back