UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Not going to happen. Sunrise is unimpressed with the UK already. They won't give us access to their precious better master.

When there’s a better master in existence, there’s pretty much no point in even having an older master on tape to hand out to a licensee. The new master should supersede the older one, which should be archived away. It’s a slap in the face. Don’t release it. Put something else on the schedule instead, like Space Runaway Ideon ;)

When there’s a better master in existence, there’s pretty much no point in even having an older master on tape to hand out to a licensee. The new master should supersede the older one, which should be archived away. It’s a slap in the face. Don’t release it. Put something else on the schedule instead, like Space Runaway Ideon ;)

Since Japan has never given sub-par, or even sabotaged materials to their licensees before to ensure that domestic fans are put off importing them. Nope never.

Stop getting your hopes up. Whatever US gets we'll get.

just got an email telling me Assassination Classroom season 2 part 2 has just been dispatched. I think I'm going to rewatch season 1 before watching season 2.

Since Japan has never given sub-par, or even sabotaged materials to their licensees before to ensure that domestic fans are put off importing them. Nope never.

Stop getting your hopes up. Whatever US gets we'll get.

I'm not getting my hopes up. I'm simply saying that if they deliberately sabotage a release then I'm not going to support that practice with my money. Others are free to do so.

I'm not getting my hopes up. I'm simply saying that if they deliberately sabotage a release then I'm not going to support that practice with my money. Others are free to do so.

Exactly the person is being over cynical, we're not living in the 90's anymore. Sure not everything perfect but it's been better than ever has been.

You tell me your the expert

Why should I. Your the one with issues of my statement so please elaborate on your side.

Otherwise I'll just take that as you are unable to come up with anything, and just wanting to deny what I'm saying since I'm stating your precious Gundam CCA won't get the 4K master here.

Why should I. Your the one with issues of my statement so please elaborate on your side.

Otherwise I'll just take that as you are unable to come up with anything, and just wanting to deny what I'm saying since I'm stating your precious Gundam CCA won't get the 4K master here.

I'm not the one who has the issues you are, your obviously disgruntled over certain release taking out on the rest of us for asking a question regarding a 4k remaster. No one is saying its gonna come out, but if it could be done why not that's all. With your attitude half releases being released over here wouldn't because its impossible by your logic.

He’s saying don’t get your hopes up by how you all are acting when AL do announce Char’s Counterattack on Standard Blu Ray you will be disappointed . Japan keeps their 4K masters high Nozomi didn’t give us a cheap version of Gundam Thunderbolt on 4K and we know America has larger sales so what chance has CCA which relies on 0079, Zeta and partly ZZ got none id say.

I'm not the one who has the issues you are, your obviously disgruntled over certain release taking out on the rest of us for asking a question regarding a 4k remaster..

So you refuse to actually say why you disagree with my statement, and then suddenly call me disgruntled? At the moment I have no releases I'm disgruntled about outside of shaking my fist at Aniplex for sitting on things like Mushi-shi, but It streamed poorly so I know the reason why.

No one is saying its gonna come out, but if it could be done why not that's all. With your attitude half releases being released over here wouldn't because its impossible by your logic.

Because its a forum where I can state my opinions to a discussion, and people stating they should delay a release for something that'll never come out in the west till Japan gets 8K masters is just ridiculous.

Your just going mega salty that I dared to insinuate that the UK might not be a market Sunrise gives any **** about, and the only reason we get anything at all is because AL gets UK rights along with FR licensing rights.

If the US can't get it when they are clearly a much bigger market, which sunrise would care about. Then why would we get it.

I'll wait for you to claim I'm somehow a mega hater of anime, or something since apparently you know me better than I know myself.

He’s saying don’t get your hopes up by how you all are acting when AL do announce Char’s Counterattack on Standard Blu Ray you will be disappointed . Japan keeps their 4K masters high Nozomi didn’t give us a cheap version of Gundam Thunderbolt on 4K and we know America has larger sales so what chance has CCA which relies on 0079, Zeta and partly ZZ got none id say.

No one is getting there's hopes high, if it was bad as he was saying we wouldn't get gundam let alone Japan giving their masters for these shows.

No one is getting there's hopes high, if it was bad as he was saying we wouldn't get gundam let alone Japan giving their masters for these shows.

Sunrise has already stated being underwhelmed with the sales for 0079, and other titles. The gundam trilogy only got a 500 copy print run in the UK because of how poorly gundam sells here.

AL UK only gets the license rights because of AL FR, and they share alot of the production materials to reduce the cost otherwise it wouldn't be worth it.

Sunrise has already stated being underwhelmed with the sales for 0079, and other titles. The gundam trilogy only got a 500 copy print run in the UK because of how poorly gundam sells here.

AL UK only gets the license rights because of AL FR, and they share alot of the production materials to reduce the cost otherwise it wouldn't be worth it.

I already know this, but Sunrise are even bigger idiots for not keeping their expectations in check, none of the UC timeline gundam titles were ever shown on UK television let alone even released on home video except for a few titles. Meaning there's no real nostalgia tied to these titles, the fact that they even sold at all is testament that there are gundam fans here.

One could argue that if it would be worth it for the French release, the same thing could happen in this instance, no?

Not to rain on all these hard facts being delivered - but it's actually because we sold a load of units of the original series and only a subset of people care enough to buy both versions or specifically wanted compilation films (some things haven't changed over the ages) :).

Interesting fact - Gundam doesn't sell badly here - it's a common misconception based on what I said before. It's just that there's a dedicated number of sales and compared to the USA the numbers are lower. That fact is pretty obvious when you consider population size of the UK vs the USA to all of us, alas in a sales context wishful thinking can set in comparing the two!

Actually also untrue - we got it because of the UK - but it makes more commercial sense to do France too at the same time instead of two separate authorings. Ultimately it still costs more to do - just less than doing two separately (even if we used the US master and France made it's own)!

The more you know and all that jazz!

Andrew

Back