UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Though I'm kinda rustled about this I'm sure they have their reasons.

We do indeed have our reasons - we don't delay stuff just for fun, ya know! ;) In both of these cases, we've had hold-ups with getting our plans for these releases approved, but they're both very much underway and we're working hard to ensure that's the last date change those titles will see.

I think the number of titles we've seen this year that has actually shipped early from our own shop is testament to how hard we're pushing to minimise delays wherever it's humanly possible for us to do so, but ultimately certain elements of the process will always be out of our hands.

We do indeed have our reasons - we don't delay stuff just for fun, ya know! ;) In both of these cases, we've had hold-ups with getting our plans for these releases approved, but they're both very much underway and we're working hard to ensure that's the last date change those titles will see.

I think the number of titles we've seen this year that has actually shipped early from our own shop is testament to how hard we're pushing to minimise delays wherever it's humanly possible for us to do so, but ultimately certain elements of the process will always be out of our hands.
Screw these delays, I think you should just announce you've licensed the new FMP and Tokyo Ghoul:re and will be streaming them on Crunchyroll or weekly on Netflix. kthxbye :D

I think the number of titles we've seen this year that has actually shipped early from our own shop is testament to how hard we're pushing to minimise delays wherever it's humanly possible for us to do so,
Yet you still won't put the focus on Gundam catch-up. It's just cruel.

Ah right sorry if I was sounding kinda rude there. I really need to word things better before I post.

not sure if there's an official announcement but I got an email from base.com saying that Shinkai Twin Pack - Standard BD [Blu-ray] was delayed until 30 July.

Yet you still won't put the focus on Gundam catch-up. It's just cruel.
I'm not part of the AL staff but I imagine the Gundam situation is uncomfortable all round. We've already been told Sunrise expected them to match US on units sold despite a smaller population and I'm sure it hasn't escaped sunrise's attention that the US licensor has now released pretty much the entire Gundam catalogue whilst the UK has only just finished ZZ in a similar amount of time.

I don't think we can accuse AL of laziness or malice. Gundam obviously has to fit in with the schedule of managing unrelated titles and we know in general they've taken steps to address delayed releases. Heck, maybe they're working on Gundam releases to build up a backlog so when they announce them they're ready to go or as good as.

Is High School Fleet going to be forever on hold while we wait for Aniplex of America to release their set (if they ever do)

Or is it likely Anime Limited could just release it whenever they have all the materials together and got the necassary OK's

/not a question asking when/if/why-not-now

More of a /should I just ignore this show until I see an AoA announcement

Anime Limited today announced they have obtained European rights to the entirety of the Macross franchise and will be releasing them on Blu-ray starting in late 2018.
Sadly, the strict terms of this license deal insist that they must automatically terminate all future Gundam releases. The Japanese rights holders see the UK as a fertile new market for their premiere mecha space opera but fear that competing with Gundam would hinder its ability to make the most of the situation.

Anime Limited today announced they have obtained European rights to the entirety of the Macross franchise and will be releasing them on Blu-ray starting in late 2018.
Sadly, the strict terms of this license deal insist that they must automatically terminate all future Gundam releases. The Japanese rights holders see the UK as a fertile new market for their premiere mecha space opera but fear that competing with Gundam would hinder its ability to make the most of the situation.
AL delays again, that news was supposed to be released before midday.

Is it bad that I’d actually be okay with this?

Back