UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

No stupid cut out for the barcode catching on the box every time you put the o-card on.
Yeah, what is the deal with those holes? Is it really too much trouble to print the barcode on the slipcover as well? Or do Funi sell different discs in other markets with the same slipcover (Mexico? But then wouldn't the slipcover need to be in Spanish)?

Then you haven't seen the very convincing FMA Blu-rays, or the Bootleg Madoka ones.
No I can't say that I have. I have to wonder why anyone would bother bootlegging US releases when they're generally so inexpensive anyway, especially Funi releases. Are they highly sought after and worth a lot or something? The vast majority of bootlegs seem to be aimed at people who know full well they're buying bootlegs and don't care, rather than actually trying to be accurate forgeries and fool people into thinking they're genuine.

No I can't say that I have. I have to wonder why anyone would bother bootlegging US releases when they're generally so inexpensive anyway, especially Funi releases. Are they highly sought after and worth a lot or something? The vast majority of bootlegs seem to be aimed at people who know full well they're buying bootlegs and don't care, rather than actually trying to be accurate forgeries and fool people into thinking they're genuine.

Well FMA is OOP in America so its price is going high since FUNi can't print more due to having the license renewel revoked.

Edit - Went looking for an example

s-l1600.jpg

This sold on ebay for $52 and this person sold 3 of them. There are also others that don't include pictures of their backs because they know its a way to identify them as fake.

Last edited:
My Sword of the Stranger arrived in the post today! Unsurprisingly looks lovely, I especially like the pencil outline look of the box. Looking forward to revisiting it soon.

If the mystery box do end up being delivered after Christmas day and All the Anime have their Boxing day discount like they did last year ,some of us would need to know what is in the box so we don't end up ordering the same items .Part of me doesn't want to know what is in the box but want to get a few more blu-rays that wasn't in the 12 day deals or the mystery box .

Back