UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Regarding Your Name's audio, @thedoctor2016 posted this in the Discord and not really understanding it myself, I forwarded it to my older brother, who's a musician and general audiophile. His response was as follows:
The left and right channels aren't synced and they lag differently at different points, causing weird phasing issues that will make it sound weird, thin, and hollowed out.
When asking for his personal opinion, he was very negative. So it'd be interesting to see what verdicts are made when the audio is put under greater scrutiny. I believe this lines up with what @Mangaranga experienced?

Of course, I'll be judging by ear as a casual when my copy arrives next week too.

Regarding Your Name's audio, @thedoctor2016 posted this in the Discord and not really understanding it myself, I forwarded it to my older brother, who's a musician and general audiophile. His response was as follows:

When asking for his personal opinion, he was very negative. So it'd be interesting to see what verdicts are made when the audio is put under greater scrutiny. I believe this lines up with what @Mangaranga experienced?

Of course, I'll be judging by ear as a casual when my copy arrives next week too.
At some point, I should actually watch AL's Your Name BD, instead of just making plans to buy additional copies.

The joke's on me for rushing to buy a copy! The last laugh has been had by that security guard who instructed me to stay behind the barrier as MCM opened...

I remember in May someone ducked under the barrier first chance he got.

4 security guards furiously demanding one of their colleagues do something.

My one bit of feedback on the posters is I join others wishing the IMAX one had been available as that is gorgeous.

2wfHLzh.jpg

Regarding Your Name's audio, @thedoctor2016 posted this in the Discord and not really understanding it myself, I forwarded it to my older brother, who's a musician and general audiophile.

Just to chime in on this, we are listening and cataloguing reports of audio issues and feeding them back accordingly - we're very much aware of the analysis some individuals have done (which is very valuable, to be honest!) to ensure that they're also looked into during the creation of the new master.

Just to chime in on this, we are listening and cataloguing reports of audio issues and feeding them back accordingly - we're very much aware of the analysis some individuals have done (which is very valuable, to be honest!) to ensure that they're also looked into during the creation of the new master.
Are you doing this yourselves and getting some sort of compensation from Madman for costs or are you going to ask them to give it another go and do it properly this time?

If that ever happens:

fMpIq5B.gif

No seriously I wouldn't give Madman a second chance after this mess-up.

If Madman can fix it and its proven to be fixed then I'm not going to boycott the whole thing just because they authored it. Everyone deserves second chances and let's be honest, after this I'm sure AL will be making sure it's fixed properly even if Madman are on the job.

If Madman can fix it and its proven to be fixed then I'm not going to boycott the whole thing just because they authored it. Everyone deserves second chances and let's be honest, after this I'm sure AL will be making sure it's fixed properly even if Madman are on the job.

The thing is Madman can do well on certain stuff, like getting Sailor Moon in the right condition for the DVD releases. But when it comes to Blu-rays, it needs a lot of improvement.

Second chances are fine and all, but it's not like Madman have a spotless history to begin with (just like most anime publishers frankly), not to mention how unprofessional they appear when issues like these are either overlooked or just given the green light. Though I give AL kudos for being willing to respond to feedback and provide replacements and fix later batches, they also should've been more on top of things to begin with. Madman did a bad encode, AL did a bad job of making sure what they got was as it should. Whatever gets a better encoded disc out to consumers is of course the most important, regardless of who's involved.

I don't appreciate AL's sentiment that the bad encode is "good enough" either, but I of course didn't expect them to recall their first batch as that would probably just cause more issues in the long run, if only because ignorant consumers would get annoyed by the delay, and the costs that would come with delays.

Release Schedule

Again with the bloody delays, so many titles just got pushed to 2018. Not even Q1, just "TBC"...

I knew that I should have just imported AssClass from the US instead of waiting for AL. I'll remember this for the next time.

Dissapointed about the delay to Grimgar I was hoping we would see this before Xmas. I kinda guessed Dimension W would be next year.

Apart from Hyouka that's pretty much it from Anime Limited for me this year.

Delays suck, especially Ass Class S2 Pt2.
However, for me, with December and it's numerous deals coming up, it's probably for the better money-wise. (It's almost a guarantee that I'll end up getting stuff from ALs 12 Days deal (if they're running it this year) as well as potential purchases from Rightstuf and MVM and their Crimbo sales (again if they run)

The AL releases I still have to look forward to are:
  • Ajin: Demi Human Season one
  • Durarara!! x2- The Second Arc: Ten
  • GANGSTA
  • Sword of the Stranger (Potentially)

Back