UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I'm not a fan of the art used for a Silent Voice Korean version, it looks incredibly bland and for the general public it doesn't grab your attention. Im hoping Anime Limited use different art as its a good looking film.

Is 'Place Promised/Voices' going to get a standard edition? I'm interested in owning the movies but would prefer a single keep case for both. Also is Voices of a Distant Star actually even in HD? or is it an upscale?

Didn't cry at Your Name, and I was on a plane when I saw it. Maybe I'm just heartless...

Technically it's harder to be emotional as it's lower resolution and the audio is weaker so you don't get the same experience sadly as theatrical or blu-ray there so it's pretty natural you'd not cry off the bat. Everyone's different anyway too asides from that :)!

Technically it's harder to be emotional as it's lower resolution and the audio is weaker so you don't get the same experience sadly as theatrical or blu-ray there so it's pretty natural you'd not cry off the bat. Everyone's different anyway too asides from that :)!

I dunno, Field of Dreams always makes me bawl my eyes out, whether I watch it on pan and scan 14" portable TV, bleary VHS, DVD or crystal clear Blu-ray. Resolution and audio quality are irrelevant if the story is up to scratch. I'd say Buzz is heartless..

I think just we solved the edition ID concern.

Your Name: Prepare To Cry Edition

Team AL, if you could throw together a blog post at some point setting out exactly what is in which of your Your Name versions it would be very much appreciated as I am personally struggling to keep track! I know I want to own it (and possibly gift a few copies to family members) but I need a recap episode on this release ;)

R

Fear not, we'll be doing exactly that in due course so that everyone knows what's what to aid with purchasing decisions etc. Stay tuned!

So there isn't a cut of the film where the Captain randomly interrupts in Arabic and then a few moments later in English? Well then, I'm not buying your release anymore!! :p

That artwork is not available for use in packaging for us - only in the booklet so that's that I am afraid. Like I say, the rights holders have been very fair on what everyone else gets to use so we all have the same tools to work from (for better and for worse). Besides that image would be super tough for a steelbook due to the print, you'd get loads of white space on front and back with the spine muddled due to the Your Name logo etc as well :(.
Totally fair. The current steelbook design looks great as is anyways.

I'm not a fan of the art used for a Silent Voice Korean version, it looks incredibly bland and for the general public it doesn't grab your attention. Im hoping Anime Limited use different art as its a good looking film.
The Blu Collection releases are more boutique and less for general audiences and since it's being sold online and being imported for a premium price the cover art doesn't need to be dumbed down for general audiences.

The Blu Collection releases are more boutique and less for general audiences and since it's being sold online and being imported for a premium price the cover art doesn't need to be dumbed down for general audiences.

Im more concerned with the artwork looking hideous than being 'dumbed down'. I don't think it represents the film particularly well. But as with all art its subjective and it's just my opinion.

In my personal opinion, I feel that the blue-on-white looks a little too washed out. I personally wouldn't mind our release just using one of the two pieces of key art.

Totally disagree about the artwork of ASV CE bluray and that's why bought it from amazon JP even it has not any eng subs. Needless to say that is gorgeous. It's one of the most unique digipacks i own, hands down. It could not represent the film better imo. If you really like the film try watching it with the " inner voice " soundtrack (one of the audio tracks), there's no voice at all, just ambient music and imo it's excellent .

The withe/blue tone on this cover represent perfectly the movie and it's subjet, even more with those circle wave, representing the echoes of sound.
The Key arts for this movie are wayyyy more less appealing, they just look-like some common TV series/movies, nothing special about hem.
I hope @anime will not use them on the cover, otherwise, well, I'll pass and buy the Korean set.

Back