UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Funi's your name. LE set
0WK9Os1.png
I'm worried AL's release won't include the on-disc extras, so the plan is to buy AL's and Funi's to play it safe.

In the awkward on the Gundam front, a friend was at the panels this weekend and apparently Sunrise filmed the audience doing the 'Sieg Zeon' chant, as they did at MCM.

*looks at American news*

Jesus Christ, Sunrise...

In the awkward on the Gundam front, a friend was at the panels this weekend and apparently Sunrise filmed the audience doing the 'Sieg Zeon' chant, as they did at MCM.

*looks at American news*

Jesus Christ, Sunrise...

That is possibly one of the most mis-judged things I've come across.

I'm worried AL's release won't include the on-disc extras, so the plan is to buy AL's and Funi's to play it safe.

As I've said on the podcast - everyone has the same on-disc extras so you can rest easy on that frontier - the only one I am uncertain what it is (maybe a US-recorded item) is the interview with Makoto Shinkai but the rest will be on the disc for sure including one I don't see there on the Funi:

- Special TV program
- Makoto Shinkai Filmography
- Clean opening sequence
- Trailers

Stay tuned for more info on the release etc later this month as we go out for the second time theatrically on Your Name :).

Best,

Andrew

The visual for the US bos is kinda... meh IMO, and I hate that font for the US title.
Seem's like the US box will be in the same as Death Parade, 2 parts who open in the midle (You can see the line on the artwork) not a fan either, easy pass for me, hope the @anime ver will be better.

*looks at American news*

Jesus Christ, Sunrise...

What did they do? They just asked people to make a chant from a well-loved anime franchise, they are no endorsing violence that Zeon commits in the show or indeed violence that any other group IRL or in an anime franchise commits. This is the dumbest complaint I've ever seen.

What did they do? They just asked people to make a chant from a well-loved anime franchise, they are no endorsing violence that Zeon commits in the show or indeed violence that any other group IRL or in an anime franchise commits. This is the dumbest complaint I've ever seen.
You know it's fine, everyone else hear knows it's fine, all it takes is for US TV network to get the footage and suddenly it's "JAPANESE COMPANY ENCOURAGES NEO-NAZI CHANT AT ANIME CONVENTION". The issue is rather more how it looks out of context, especially given America's issues last night, rather than the act itself.

Actually, for me it's a two fold thing.

Zeon are based on the Nazis. The original show is clear on that intent and that following them is not a good thing. Hence asking fans to quote their rallying cry, which is based on 'Seig Heil'. is awkward. I thought this when they did it at MCM last year.

The events unfolding in American right now make doing the same thing at an event this weekend even more awkward. Yes, there's a chance it could be passed on to those who aren't fans but I think it's a rather awkward PR move in general.

I don't see what's stupid about being concerned about an intentionally Nazi allegorical antagonist being used for a press event like this. Give attendees a cardboard Char mask and take a photo. That way you're leaning on something iconic and goofy but not a potential powderkeg.

I assume they were a little out of touch after the international travel that was probably involved (I know I am when I'm on the road) but yeah, unfortunate. It's blatantly obvious that it has Nazi roots and the fact that the series itself takes a very critical view of conflict doesn't come across clearly to those looking in from outside. Would have been better to do a group Shining Finger under the circumstances.

R

Andrew/Jeremy, I have a question about Lupin III Part 4:
At Otacon today (13/08), Discotek announced that due to differences between the Italian and Japanese cuts of the series, with the former being used for the English dub, the series will be released in two SKUs:
  • A dubbed version based on the Italian cut.
  • A Japanese version based on the Japanese cut.
I imagine things are still likely preliminary at this stage, but I was wondering how this may affect/influence your plans for the title?

(Source, btw)

Are there releases region free? I'm tempted by that LE Wing set.

Less tempted if there's a chance it might be getting a UK release? *wink wink, nudge nudge*

Wing is definitely on the agenda for here, fear not. Just looking at how to manage it now :)!

Best,

AP

I was mentioning this on the AUKN discord but hey here's my idea:

- Standard Edition TV Parts 1 & 2 and Standard Edition Endless Waltz.
- The usual Collector's Edition [800 units] for the TV series (both parts together).
- The usual Collector's Edition [800 units] for the Endless Waltz OVA/Film + Operation Meteor.
- Ultimate Edition [500 units Shop AL only] that contains the Collector's Edition sets of both the TV series & Endless Waltz sets plus the massive artbook Nozomi has (or similar to) and any other bits and bobs that can be acquired.

Last edited:
I cant see wing being out or successful unless they skip like EVERY gundam out in US. Cos you need to catch the potential importers (Myself inc) and give us confirmation you can release max 6 months after Nozomi and at least Match or beat their CE. Otherwise why would we bother

Back