UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I don't know if this have been asked and answered before?

Now that AL will be releasing Black Butler season 3 any chance AL will also be releasing Black Butler season 1, 2, OVA and movie and so on?
Season 1 could be tricky as the license has reverted back to Aniplex from Funimation in the US.

Manga UK still own the rights to Season 1 and 2/OVAs, which are separate from Funimation's (like FMA was).

Book of Murder and the Atlantic are still currently unlicensed.

Looks like Persona 3 Movie 2 is back in stock at Anime Limited's site. Do we know the reason why it was "out of stock"? Was it related to the sound issues?

Looks like Persona 3 Movie 2 is back in stock at Anime Limited's site. Do we know the reason why it was "out of stock"? Was it related to the sound issues?
I did mention in the defective or disappointing UK anime discs thread that one seller mentioned that it had been withdrawn from sale because of the audio issue.

I hope Anime Limited can pull off release date parity for this one.
I'd be happy if we get it regardless. There's digital streams you can pay to watch but having the first four together on Blu-ray is a good way to grab people.

And you wouldn't have to be a hopeless otaku like me, paying £80 for untranslated extras.

US is also getting Thunderbolt. Both japan imports of the shows include English dubs and subs and are region free so most collectors already own them. I ll double dip if there are any Uk releases but let's be honest, they won't be of better quality. My concern is for classic Gundam shows that have never been released with English audio/subtitles on bluray. If I wanted a new gundam show, that would be IBO season 1 despite the fact I already own all 9 jp volumes.

Last edited:
So I received Zeta Gundam part 2 today - placed the amaray and booklet into the art box and now I can't get them out again. Thanks, AL.

It really is frustrating. I ran into the same problem with MSG. After I managed to remove it, I've had the one of the cases slightly outside the box so I can actually remove it... :oops:

Apologies if this has been asked - is there any reason we shouldn't import Funi's Lodoss War?

Given my viewing backlog I'm happy to wait for a domestic release, but if it's a no go then I'll want to grab it at some point. :)

It being Region-A locked might be a reason :)

Not for me. :)

It's more of a case of not repeating what I did with Nadesico - pre-order the Discotek release and then a domestic release is announced. Where possible I prefer to support the domestic labels.

Apologies if this has been asked - is there any reason we shouldn't import Funi's Lodoss War?

Given my viewing backlog I'm happy to wait for a domestic release, but if it's a no go then I'll want to grab it at some point. :)

I reckon there is a reason. Every title Funimation have announced this past year is from their Kadokawa deal; The Betrayal Knows My Name, Good Luck! Ninomiya-kun, Gosick, Hyouka, The Mystic Archives of Dantalian, Nichijou, Omamori Himari, Record of Lodoss War, Scrapped Princess, Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi: The World's Greatest First Love and probably many more (perhaps even The Slayers Movie & OVAs).

All have been confirmed region locked and are not streaming for the UK, so it's quite possible that someone in the UK could have a similar deal so Anime Limited for example since they and Kadokawa get along pretty well.

I reckon there is a reason. Every title Funimation have announced this past year is from their Kadokawa deal; The Betrayal Knows My Name, Good Luck! Ninomiya-kun, Gosick, Hyouka, The Mystic Archives of Dantalian, Nichijou, Omamori Himari, Record of Lodoss War, Scrapped Princess, Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi: The World's Greatest First Love and probably many more (perhaps even The Slayers Movie & OVAs).

All have been confirmed region locked and are not streaming for the UK, so it's quite possible that someone in the UK could have a similar deal so Anime Limited for example since they and Kadokawa get along pretty well.

Id love to see many of these titles make it over here in particular Gosick, Loddoss and Scrapped princess. I would imagine they would be straight forward releases in that the dubs and subs are already done so they could just use Funimation masters.

Back