UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

So I have the Gurren Lagann set and Zavvi did charge me the £41.99 but according to the last email from yesterday they said they would be happy to refund me once I could confirm I've been overcharged. So hopefully this should be relatively painless. The set did arrive also in just an envelope BUT is in mint condition thankfully.

So I have the Gurren Lagann set and Zavvi did charge me the £41.99 but according to the last email from yesterday they said they would be happy to refund me once I could confirm I've been overcharged. So hopefully this should be relatively painless. The set did arrive also in just an envelope BUT is in mint condition thankfully.
Oh that's good then.

Oh that's good then.

Next time I'm definitely going to just take your advice and I would recommend everyone else do the same. If the account page doesn't reflect the new price then you will be charged the higher price it seems regardless of the Pre Order Price Guarantee. So best just to cancel and reorder.

I trust Amazons, often been refunded money from them for their pre order guarantee or reimbursed for VAT on non eu parcels that weren't tagged by customs.

Always found that Zavvis price promise never works though.
I've been refunded or had the price automatically lowered by Amazon a lot, but I'll still cancel and reorder if I notice a price drop myself. I just don't do trust.

Newsire 99 10/02/2017
  • A Silent Voice - Cinema screenings are scheduled for Wednesday 15th March. Select cinemas will continue to show it through to Friday 17th March. A full website is to come. Naoko Yamada will be attending the Glasgow Film Festival screening and only that screening (no signings or the like). Also, no photography or recordings, due to a request from KyoAni (and) following behaviour at SLA 2012.
  • Sword Art Online: Ordinal Scale - No update.
  • A bunch of stuff including Persona 3's first film and the Gurren Lagann CE, as well as Fairy Tail part 11, will come out Monday.
  • Next week there will be a huge newswire with information on forthcoming release dates.
  • Brothers Conflict, Snow White with the Red Hair and Heavy Object have had their DVD releases cancelled (or in Brothers Conflict's case the combi back has been uncombined), as the licensor has requested PAL and the costs of sorting that out are too high. Based on current demand levels, they're unlikely to reconsider at any point, unless there's a sudden surge.
  • There's artwork for Show by Rock!! and Yona of the Dawn, Part 2 on their site.

Newsire 99 10/02/2017
  • A Silent Voice - Cinema screenings are scheduled for Wednesday 15th March. Select cinemas will continue to show it through to Friday 17th March. A full website is to come. Naoko Yamada will be attending the Glasgow Film Festival screening and only that screening (no signings or the like). Also, no photography or recordings, due to a request from KyoAni (and) following behaviour at SLA 2012.
hyouka_06_01.jpg

(Originally posted in Funimation Thread; deleted and reposted here due to more relevance).

Speaking of Belladonna, I've noticed that it's currently available for streaming on the Canadian library for Shudder, a streaming service for horror movies. I wonder if Anime Limited have the streaming rights and if so, whether it would be financially viable to try and get it available for the UK too? (Although I can see why they may not with Shudder; after all, it's neither a mainstream platform like Netflix, nor does it cater to our niche like Crunchyroll).

Honestly as much as I am looking forward to the UK release of Belladonna I am quite curious to know how the BBFC will think of it. Considering it's technically a hentai in some sense, but mostly an adult/mature anime film.

Honestly as much as I am looking forward to the UK release of Belladonna I am quite curious to know how the BBFC will think of it. Considering it's technically a hentai in some sense, but mostly an adult/mature anime film.
Surely it has to make it through with a low age rating on artistic merit and it being a product of its time?

Back