UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I own the original two part AU release of Tiger and Bunny on BD. Assuming the complete collection reuses the same discs, and if I'm remembering correctly, it uses four BD-50s, maintains the product placement (Pepsi Nex etc.) and has a separate signs track. I remember being very happy with them, but I can double check the discs when I get home tonight if that will help.

UPS delivered my copy of The Origin to the wrong house! Trying to figure out where it's gone :( I even saw the fan come down the road but it just as quickly turned round and sped off.

UPS delivered my copy of The Origin to the wrong house! Trying to figure out where it's gone :( I even saw the fan come down the road but it just as quickly turned round and sped off.
Well that was a drama.

Essentially seems UPS guy wanted to be gone, so he saw a woman standing outside 4 houses down, gave it to her and signed it as me! He then jetted out of here with me being none the wiser if I hadn't phoned UPS up (twice).

I got it eventually but really not impressed with UPS on this.

Oh and the woman had opened it. Yay...

Oh and the woman had opened it. Yay...
What a cow. Nothing like breaking the law to see what the neighbours are upto.

Pretty crappy of UPS too, must have been behind schedule as their timings can be very strict.

I've had my local driver give out to me for holding him up when using Apple replacements where you get the replacement and then are supposed to put the damaged item into the mailer and hand it back to the driver.

Why would she open it if it's not even addressed to her... :confused:

I received three Anime Ltd. titles this week: Blood Blockade Battlefront, Place Promised + Voices and Fullmetal Alchemist. I was very impressed with Place Promised and FMA, I like having all information on a slipcover and having an artbox with only artwork on it.

However, I was a bit disappointed with BBB, except for the booklet. It doesn't have the title on the front and the backside information is on a separate piece of thin paper. But most of all, the box was slightly too thin, which makes it hard to get the digipack out of the box and it caused the first case on the digipack to have a crack: http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x439/Yupa_Teto/DVD/IMAG0084_zpsy59twr4h.jpg
Small plastic pieces fell out of the box when I opened it...

I hope that Place Promised and FMA is the new standard in packaging. Also, I was wondering if there was any news about Death Parade? The US release has been out for a month now, but I haven't heard about the UK release yet.

Still waiting on my FMA Ultimate Edition from Zavvi. One week and counting of non answers and stall tactics, were it not for the fact they've taken my money I'd have gone elsewhere by now :(

Last edited:
Why would she open it if it's not even addressed to her... :confused:

Prob to see if it was something worth keeping, and not mentioning was given to her.

My friend ordered Splatoon when it came out, and it got delivered to the wrong place. The person who it got delivered to ended up delivering it themselves after they took a look to see what it was first ofc.

That's correct. The BD Box has the episode on 4 discs though. Ignoring the AU release as I know nothing about it you have:
- JP Singles - Sub only, 9 discs. No OP/ED lyrics.
- JP BD Box - Sub and Dub, 4 BD50 discs for episodes and many, many more of extras (BDs and CDs), No OP/ED Lyrics. No signs track.
- Viz US releases - Sub and Dub, 4 BD50 discs total. Has OP/ED lyrics but no separate signs/songs track for the dub. Incorrect brightness.
- Kaze UK releases - sub and dub, 4 BD25 discs total. No OP/ED lyrics. No signs track? Kaze.

I own the original two part AU release of Tiger and Bunny on BD. Assuming the complete collection reuses the same discs, and if I'm remembering correctly, it uses four BD-50s, maintains the product placement (Pepsi Nex etc.) and has a separate signs track. I remember being very happy with them, but I can double check the discs when I get home tonight if that will help.

That's some quality, comprehensive info there. Nice work. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks UPS for the sarcastic reply to my email complaint.

Just to confirm with others- was the extra indeed the reel cut? Just want to double check given mine was opened.

@anime_andrew is Aldnoah.Zero season 2 and The Murder Case of Hana & Alice still on schedule for release on the 9th Jan?

No, I'm going to keep them all to myself as highlighted in the picture of the day from the office!

Alternatively yes, if Keith, Kat, Kerry and Jeremy can wrestle enough copies from my person to send to retail! They're all in just in time though :).

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 55
T'is the season to be snarky. Ten times the normal work for minimum wage for most of these people.

I genuinely do appreciate that and mentioned it in the email I sent. But that's really not a good attitude for a customer rep to have. I know it's a thankless job and involves taking a lot of crap but straight out the gate when the complaint is "your driver gave my parcel to a random house on the street and they in turn opened it"? That's failing at your job.
Argh - so sorry to hear about that! Glad it was resolved but :(! We're unsure how it happened but will lodge a complaint this side too.

Best,

Andrew

Thank you. I should say prior to this I only ever had one bad incident with UPS and that was over 5 years ago (driver decided to flat out not come and log it as attempted. They caught him after I phoned up when tracking changed) and they've been fine with anything else I've ordered from you, dropping it at the closest UPS pick up point if I'm out. Again, I appreciate this is one of the most demanding times of year for couriers but if this their way around it I'd rather nip it in the bud.

My parents are currently engaged in a war of attrition with a local UPS driver. Essentially they ordered a laptop online, it was damaged on arrival and the UPS guy is pissed off that my parents complained and got him into trouble. They live in the countryside so it's a long way out for him to go, and he's messing them around by claiming they've not been in when they have etc etc.

Back