UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I was thinking of it as more of a sort of "Value Pack" for people who hadn't brought either of the standard editions, especially after the TV series shot up in price last year. (A quick google puts the standard edition of the TV series around the same price as the CE.)

It looks really nice, and all, but as someone who owns both standards (and paid a fair amount less for them), I won't be rebuying. But given how absolutely ****** Aniplex are being with Madman right now, we should probably chalk a reasonably priced complete collection up as a win for the UK and appreciate it, before they start to dry up.

Like the artwork more than the UE, so I might just replace my UE with this new set.

Far from messing up I'd say Anime Limited have been quite shrewd as now a bunch of us want to re purchase the set lol

Especially if we sell our UEs...

Clannad-SneakyMei.gif

This collection has Amaray cases which I prefer as I don't like digipaks, but I can't be bothered selling the UE to buy thise release. If it had new discs without the spliced in SD video, then I would buy this release.

Last edited:
Considering I got my UE during AL Christmas deals I'd probably keep it, mainly for the art book as the CE won't have the same but i might get the CE depending what it looks like.

What artwork is everyone seeing as the image I see on zavvi's listing just shows the standard edition for the movies.

I only have my review discs so I'm tempted by this. Budget friendly and the movies are worth having alongside the show. Second one gives the story a better ending.

Considering I got my UE during AL Christmas deals I'd probably keep it, mainly for the art book as the CE won't have the same but i might get the CE depending what it looks like.
I got my UE on launch for £84, so I'll be keeping it. Preordered the CE this morning anyway though because it looks so much better.

Sometimes it goes through but doesn't appear on their website.

Not going to lie though, the lack of detail about titles supposedly coming within the next month is concerning.

To be fair, the office is closed until January 5th which is why there haven't been many updates the past week or two. But just to put it out there I'm working to get a Newswire up today/tomorrow so that'll have the latest updates along with a January preview in it :)

So there's no need to be concerned, updates are coming :)
Hope that helps.

Small update on UPS- they phoned me last night to apologise. Claim is they hire temp workers until Christmas Eve who ride with drivers to help cover more ground. They say one of said temps is responsible but as they are no longer UPS staff they can't take it any further.

Newswire #96 is now up.

TL;DR
  • The January titles are to be expected:
    • Early January - The Case of Hana & Alice (see below for more info)
    • 9th January - ALDNOAH.ZERO: Complete Season 2
    • 9th January - Space Dandy: Complete Seasons 1 & 2
    • 16th January - Claymore
    • 16th January - Evangelion: 1.11
    • 16th January - Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: Part 1
    • 30th January - Eden of the East
    • 30th January - Persona 3 #1 -Spring of Birth-
  • The Case of Hana & Alice will have a listing very soon, plus an early bird deal. The set is done and will be unboxed very soon also.
  • Details for Persona 3 #1 -Spring of Birth- will be coming soon.

So.... Zeta Gundam is actually going to be released?! *wipes sweat from brow* Good to know! (As it's post-Christmas I should be able to order it in the same month, maybe even pre-order if I'm lucky... or have misremembered how much I've spent on presents and the like...)

I'm interested to see what they do with Persona 3 tbh, I own the Japanese sets so it's not something I'm likely to buy but if it's really nice then I could be tempted....

Looking forward to The Case of Hana and Alice, hopefully the early bird deal is decent. I'm kinda annoyed I forgot to order Claymore but I'll just have to pick that up at a later date I suppose, Eva 1.11 is still a maybe as is Eden of the East, although the latter is pretty likely now the films are included.

Back