UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Wow, this looks awesome. Nice and clean. But 26 episodes on 3 Blurays? I hope the image quality doesn't suffer from that.

It's not exactly unheard of. Funi used 3 BDs for their Raildex releases, which are 24 episodes, and they all look great. Pretty sure it's a reasonable amount of discs, unless you're a videophile.

Super Hyped for Claymore, already ordered mine back in August for around the same price via Music Magpie. Its a really good pre order deal wish I'd waited to order through Anime Online.

I also ordered this set. Claymore is somewhat of an underrated gem, and I really dug it when I watched it a year or two back, so this was an easy buy for me. People often call it a Berserk knock off, which is patently untrue. Yes, it's a medieval anime with supernatural elements, but that's where the similarities end.

I need to check how much money I have since this pre-purchase deal is at a terrible time of year, but I hopefully plan to get it.

I really did enjoy Claymore when it was airing.

Okay I think it's time for the monthly request updates on a few titles ;)

I know a fair few last month (and I tried my best to remember as many titles as I could lol) but these lot I somewhat forgot to ask:
  • Aoharu x Machinegun
    • US status: Got dubbed and released on Blu-ray by Sentai Filmworks
  • Buddy Complex
    • US status: Released subtitled only as a Combo pack by Funimation
  • Castle Town Dandelion
    • US status: Got dubbed and released as a Combo pack by Funimation
  • Chaos Dragon
  • Comet Lucifer
    • US status: Released subtitled only on Blu-ray by Sentai Filmworks
  • Death Parade + its Ultimate Edition release
    • US status: Got dubbed (Death Billiards is subtitled only) and released as a Combo pack by Funimation
  • Erased
    • US status: Got dubbed and released on Blu-ray by Aniplex of America
  • Eureka Seven + its Ultimate Edition release
    • US status: Rescued and released on Blu-ray (and recently re-released as a complete set) by Funimation
  • Pigtails & Other Shorts (aka the Production I.G. Short Films collection)
    • US status: Unlicensed
  • Plastic Memories
    • US status: Released subtitled only on Blu-ray by Aniplex of America
  • Tokyo Marble Chocolate

It's cruel of AL to offer that deal on claymore at Xmas lol especially as they take the money immediately. I guess I'll have to pick it up much further down the line lol.

Okay I think it's time for the monthly request updates on a few titles ;)

I know a fair few last month (and I tried my best to remember as many titles as I could lol) but these lot I somewhat forgot to ask:
  • Aoharu x Machinegun
    • US status: Got dubbed and released on Blu-ray by Sentai Filmworks
  • Buddy Complex
    • US status: Released subtitled only as a Combo pack by Funimation
  • Castle Town Dandelion
  • Chaos Dragon
  • Comet Lucifer
    • US status: Released subtitled only on Blu-ray by Sentai Filmworks
  • Death Parade + its Ultimate Edition release
    • US status: Got dubbed (Death Billiards is subtitled only) and released as a Combo pack by Funimation
  • Erased
    • US status: Got dubbed and released on Blu-ray by Aniplex of America
  • Eureka Seven + its Ultimate Edition release
    • US status: Rescued and released on Blu-ray (and recently re-released as a complete set) by Funimation
  • Pigtails & Other Shorts (aka the Production I.G. Short Films collection)
  • Plastic Memories
    • US status: Released subtitled only on Blu-ray by Aniplex of America
  • Tokyo Marble Chocolate

All of these are in progress for 2017 :)! Majority over Q1-Q2 2017.

AP

I just realised that I have yet to receive my Fullmetal Alchemist Ultimate Edition certificate from Zavvi. Last I remember, the most recent update promised mid-December.

I e-mailed Zavvi and got this reply...

Thank you for getting in touch about the FullMetal Alchemist Scroll.

There has been a problem with the supplier and we are still waiting on a large amount of these being shipped. We are contacting the supplier daily for updates.

We will message you as soon as we hear back from them, I can only apologise for the inconvenience.

and their supplier would be...?

I received a response about the Escaflowne box.
It says the inner card is the part that will be replaced and not the box (which is understandable).
I'll need to be careful removing it though, as it's still glued down on parts (along with the sides) and fear I will tear the box removing it.

Can I ask what address you emailed about the Escaflowne box? I sent one to Andrew (I hope) but haven't heard anything.
Drop me an email on [email protected] please
(If you ordered from us can you include your order number please, otherwise please include confirmation of where you ordered it from and your postal address so I can log that in accordingly :) )

EDIT - just to note, it might take me a day or two to get back to you, so if you don't get a response instantly don't worry :)

Drop me an email on [email protected] please
(If you ordered from us can you include your order number please, otherwise please include confirmation of where you ordered it from and your postal address so I can log that in accordingly :) )

EDIT - just to note, it might take me a day or two to get back to you, so if you don't get a response instantly don't worry :)

Thanks, I've just sent you it now.

Eh sod it. I loved claymore and that'd be a fair price even if it was a regular 26 episode release so I gave in and grabbed it lol. It'll be my first collectors edition from AL I think... I won't be making a habit of it though.

Back