UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Just to note, seems like there's now a LOT more theatrical showings of "Your Name".

It's gone from a single slot to multiple slots of both sub and dub in my area. Appreciate the extra showings, maybe I'll book a ticket for the other language option if I enjoy it the first time around.

Got email from AL saying FMA UE shipping is delayed until tomorrow and should be delivered on Wednesday. Also got voucher due to the delay.

Did yours have the correct dates on them? My email say that it sent on Tuesday the 14th, and delivered on Wednesday the 15th, this year the 14th is Monday. I assume the dates are wrong, not that it has been delayed for multiple years.

Yes of course it has to be delivered on the day I'm actually out doing something and won't be in to accept it. No idea what TNT are like when you miss a delivery?

Looking at the TNT website http://www.tnt.co.uk/, seems to offer the option of re-delivery as long as you have the tracking number. If you get the tracking number before Wednesday it may be possible to get them to delay the delivery.

i got both e-mails about the delays so have 2 £5 vouchers, i wonder if can use both at the same time so £10 off would be very nice when next buy something

Got email from AL saying FMA UE shipping is delayed until tomorrow and should be delivered on Wednesday. Also got voucher due to the delay.

Yes of course it has to be delivered on the day I'm actually out doing something and won't be in to accept it. No idea what TNT are like when you miss a delivery?
Haven't received anything about this myself so far. Would probably use the voucher on Lucky Star, or keep it in the hope that G Reco is in the 12 days sale.

Well the sale will give me a good excuse to use the coupon from the FMA order.

Up to the start of this year I had every single thing Anime Ltd had ever released, so wasn't really able to take advantage of the year. But there are a few I've passed on this year, so will be interesting to see what comes up cheaply.

Well the sale will give me a good excuse to use the coupon from the FMA order.

Up to the start of this year I had every single thing Anime Ltd had ever released, so wasn't really able to take advantage of the year. But there are a few I've passed on this year, so will be interesting to see what comes up cheaply.

I'm the same, I skipped over Tokyo ESP so that will hopefully be cleared out in the sale. Other than that, everything i've missed now is post April!

I'm not sure I get the whole "owning everything a company has ever released" thing.

I understand if it's a curated collection, like Criterion or Masters of Cinema, and don't get me wrong, Andrew has great taste. I just don't understand how one could spend such insane amounts of money on a title they might not or perhaps don't like, just because a distributor's name is involved.

I'm not sure I get the whole "owning everything a company has ever released" thing.

I understand if it's a curated collection, like Criterion or Masters of Cinema, and don't get me wrong, Andrew has great taste. I just don't understand how one could spend such insane amounts of money on a title they might not or perhaps don't like, just because a distributor's name is involved.
I used to aim to own everything Anime Limited released, until they decided to just release anything and everything rather than only anime worth owning.

I'm with @Buzz201 i don't understand why some people get everything a company has brought out. I know there are people who buy AoA titles just because it's AoA.

There are plenty of titles AL have released that don't interested me so I've not bought them.

I used to aim to own everything Anime Limited released, until they decided to just release anything and everything rather than only anime worth owning.

I've seen people seemingly do it with AoA, not that they'd admit it. To be honest, I just had to laugh at them suddenly becoming amped for obscure yaoi titles they clearly wouldn't have otherwise watched.

I suppose, at least they're broadening their horizons.

I've seen people seemingly do it with AoA, not that they'd admit it. To be honest, I just had to laugh at them suddenly becoming amped for obscure yaoi titles they clearly wouldn't have otherwise watched.

I suppose, at least they're broadening their horizons.

To be fair, Classmates was pretty good. Not AoA pricing good, but I'd consider an AL CE.

To be fair, Classmates was pretty good. Not AoA pricing good, but I'd consider an AL CE.

Whether it was good or not was irrelevant, I just found it amusing to see a few posters here that are normally dribbling over fanservice shows suddenly interested in obscure yaoi, just because AoA was releasing it.

Though similar things have happened with AL, a few of us did die laughing at how everyone suddenly became interested in Free! when AL released it.

Back