UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Im not 100% sure the coupon is great idea as all retailer users are delayed yet AL users get a cheaper price (Due to early bird ) and a Voucher
I don't think it's unusual for a company to favour customers who buy from them directly, to be fair. It's good business to reward customers buying directly – profit margins and all that!

Ignoring a delay cos they give a voucher is also ludicrous
No-one is. Delays suck. But, unlike many businesses, AL are trying to make up for it by rewarding their customers for enduring the inconvenience – that's not ludicrous, that is (once again) good business.

Ignoring a delay cos they give a voucher is also ludicrous

I don't think anyone is ignoring the delay. Delays suck but I do really respect that Anime Limited are putting themselves out there to give out vouchers when they really don't need to (no one else would!), especially when the set isn't even going to be a week late.

They get The stock on Wednesday it will arrive Thursday/Friday

I fail to see how this changes things. It's still only a few days, nothing to throw a tantrum over. We've waited this long, I'm sure 4 more days isn't going to hurt. If it was by a week or two, sure, but four days is kind of nothing really. Hell, for a fiver, I honestly don't mind at all! :p

Ah, bribery. Who doesn't it turn?
To be fair, I expect most people were kind of already "on their side" and just see it as a bonus for something they weren't too bothered about (or, at least, couldn't do anything about) anyway.

I'm not sure if it's a great idea though, there's a risk of people expecting this kind of thing in the future. Especially odd to give it as an apology for a short delay on that one title when plenty of other titles have had delays (including a certain higher priced release).

It's probably a good time for people to have vouchers and encourage some extra purchases but they could have achieved that through a coupon in the newsletter or direct to recent customers (although maybe the number of pre-orders for Your Lie In April is a factor).

I'm certainly not complaining and I know this'll probably fall under Andrew's catchphrase, I just think it's an interesting decision.

I'm not sure if it's a great idea though, there's a risk of people expecting this kind of thing in the future. Especially odd to give it as an apology for a short delay on that one title when plenty of other titles have had delays (including a certain higher priced release).

That's a point. For Gundam Zeta, I expect a voucher double the price of what I actually paid for it XD

Oddly, Amazon don't seem to have received any Outlaw Star CE stock either - is there a delay for this too? Has anyone (outside of a Zavvi order) received a dispatch notice for it?

I wasn't planning on rewatching YLIA anytime soon so a short delay is no problem for me, even if it were a few weeks I'd be okay with it. And I'm well chuffed with the voucher, now Yona part 2 will be affordable :).

That's a point. For Gundam Zeta, I expect a voucher double the price of what I actually paid for it XD

That one wouldn't be covered as if we say we're shipping on X-Date or the release date is X-Date and we miss shipping, we send a little sorry where we can out. For Zeta, I fully expect to hit whatever the final release date is.

No idea why Amazon isn't shipping Your Lie in April yet or Outlaw Star though - looking into both just now.

AP

That one wouldn't be covered as if we say we're shipping on X-Date or the release date is X-Date and we miss shipping, we send a little sorry where we can out. For Zeta, I fully expect to hit whatever the final release date is.

No idea why Amazon isn't shipping Your Lie in April yet or Outlaw Star though - looking into both just now.

AP

Fair enough, although I wasn't actually expecting anything :p

Do you have an answer to if we can use this voucher on the 12 Days of Christmas deal?

Got email from AL saying FMA UE shipping is delayed until tomorrow and should be delivered on Wednesday. Also got voucher due to the delay.

Yes of course it has to be delivered on the day I'm actually out doing something and won't be in to accept it. No idea what TNT are like when you miss a delivery?

Back