UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Better to know now rather than later on that one, it's unfair to include an unfair guess anyway there as it just gives false hope ;_;. One day I'd love to get it though! Diebuster is viable now I think but I just find no point without both...:'(

A man of morals :)

Is this "secret" title something we can expect to hear about soon?

Yeah I'd definitely wait to get Gunbuster before Diebuster, people who've seen both will attest to just how important watching Gunbuster before Diebuster is and having both on the market at the same time would compliment one another which I expect would maximize sales potential. I do think Die could sell to people interested in a more modern series and thus sold by itself it's own merits, and likewise I'm sure there exists people whom have watched Diebuster without watching or caring about Gunbuster but I do believe that the main draw comes from its linage and association to the classic.

If it ends in R, Lodoss War?!

Please... finally... please? :)

Didn't Justin Sevakis also say he was working on a project he now gets a chance to do right?
IIRC, he did Lodoss for CPM back in the day.

If it ends in R, Lodoss War?!

Please... finally... please? :)

Didn't Justin Sevakis also say he was working on a project he now gets a chance to do right?
IIRC, he did Lodoss for CPM back in the day.

I'd always just assumed he was referring to Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and the botched Warner Bros release. I don't know if it's related to this in any way but he also stated on twitter rather recently that he took delivery of a show from 2012 (which could be Jojo or something else).

I'll laugh is this all an elaborate troll though and the title that's being hinted ends up being God Eater or something...

I'll laugh is this all an elaborate troll though and the title that's being hinted ends up being God Eater or something...

God Eater is 13 episodes long, which at 24 minutes an episode totals 312 minutes. If spit into 4 discs this would be approximately 78 minutes per disc. Unless the running time is incorrect or the discs are ridiculously unbalanced it cannot be God Eater.

I'd always just assumed he was referring to Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and the botched Warner Bros release. I don't know if it's related to this in any way but he also stated on twitter rather recently that he took delivery of a show from 2012 (which could be Jojo or something else).

If it's JoJo, I'll be changing my pants on a bi-hourly schedule.

3e0.gif

Got the JP Gunbuster BDs but would happily double-dip if it ever sees a UK release.

Lodoss War, Monster, I'd happily take either of those :)

40th anniversary release of 3000 Leagues in Search of Mother ... Vol. 1 ... in varying font size. No? One could hope :p

I think the disc count / running time is too high for Lodoss War, but I'd be happy with that. Same with the Patlabor movies - you could make it four discs by releasing The Next Generation or with a bonus disc, but 3 hours is too high a running time for any of them. Unless you record an audio commentary and include that in the running time!

Maybe the disc was just a fake, and Andrew just wanted to inquiry in a discrete, or is it sly way what people would like to see licensed and released :D:cool:

Either way must be fun for everybody at AL to read the guesses here

Better to know now rather than later on that one, it's unfair to include an unfair guess anyway there as it just gives false hope ;_;. One day I'd love to get it though! Diebuster is viable now I think but I just find no point without both...:'(
Yeah I'm inclined to agree with your thoughts on that one. It really is a shame these sorta things happen but it is what it is, not much can be done about it I guess, just have to sit back and hope it sorts itself out someday. :/

I am happy to see it's something you are interested in though, I think Gunbuster is 100% something that should be readily available.

Last edited:
Back