UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

So it's probably a 2-cour classic show, who's name ends in R or F. (Having zoomed in, I think F, but everyone seems to think R.)

That's a whole new master, so it's probably something that hasn't got a US or AU release.

That narrows it down a lot... /s

Outlaw Star or Blue Gender? It couldn't be... could it?

Don't tease me :(. Blue Gender was the first anime I ever saw but I doubt it'd ever see that kind of re-release as it never seemed to be that popular.

As for Outlaw Star, I actually recall Andrew mention that he was looking into a BD release ages ago.

Does that mean it's something 300 mins long, all on one disc (as in, that's the show/film in its entirety?)

I can't see it being Blue Gender - can't imagine that show's dated too well, or in terms of critical reception, despite the nostalgia value.

I'd definitely be up for the Patlabor movies. Or maybe something else from that era?

When I saw (what I assume to be) the letter r I thought Kiznaiver but that was already announced thus not really super secret and the disc count and time doesn't match up either.

In terms of Classic shows, Oniisama e... (Dear Brother) is getting a BD in Japan but it's a 5 disc release (Discs 1 to 4 contain 8 episodes each, Disc 5: 7 Episodes + Bonus Footage) so I doubt it's that even if I wish it was the case.

Gunbuster is 6 episodes so it wouldn't be that (damn it)...unless it came with Diebuster which would fit the 4 disc count altogether (I'd die and go to heaven if this was the case)

A Patlabor Movie collection would be a three disc set unless it came with bonuses such as the MiniPato OVA on a separate disc. Unlikely.

Mach GoGoGo (Speed Racer) which Funi are releasing wouldn't fit on four discs.

Outlaw Star is a four disc set so that seems likely, or it could be Lucky Star or something?

Of course this is all keeping in mind that it might not even be an r. Time will tell. We can say for certain that it is not
Cardcaptor Sakura.

Lucky Star has been announced already, it's coming out in September. Well, in theory :p
Yeah I guess I was just throwing out something that ended in R that I know they are working on but haven't spoken much of since announcement and that fits the bill (24 episodes makes sense for 4 discs too), I don't know what constitutes as a secret these days, NDA's can be wild :p

I have absolutely no idea, but I'd be ecstatic if it turns out to be Dear Brother. Never managed to get that one when it was released by Anime Sols unfortunately.

And damn, that FMA set looks amazing!

Yeah I guess I was just throwing out something that ended in R that I know they are working on but haven't spoken much of since announcement and that fits the bill (24 episodes makes sense for 4 discs too), I don't know what constitutes as a secret these days, NDA's can be wild :p

Lucky Star's an odd case. It's a 3 disc Blu-ray release but the extras span across the DVDs also so we would lose out on over half of them. A re-authored DVD disc is needed (because the DVD extras are on discs 4 & 5 from Funi's set).

DVD Disc 4:
  • OVA
  • Textless Opening Song (Series)
  • Textless Ending Song (OVA)
  • On-Screen Text Reference Guide
  • U.S. Trailer
  • Trailers (aka Funi trailers)

DVD Disc 5:
  • Key Scenes Gallery #1-12
  • Opening with Lyrics
  • Promo Clip
  • The Adventures of Minoru Shiraishi Parts 1-11
  • English Voice Cast Interviews Parts 1-3

Blu-ray Disc 3:
  • OVA
  • Lucky Racer "Checker Flag in Akibahara & Lucky Racer Highlight"
  • Radio Kansai's Public Recording of "New Lucky Channel"
  • On-Screen Text Reference Guide
  • U.S. Trailer
  • Trailers (aka Funi trailers)

...Gunbuster is 6 episodes so it wouldn't be that (damn it)...unless it came with Diebuster which would fit the 4 disc count altogether (I'd die and go to heaven if this was the case).....
Why ya have to go and say it qaiz....you've allowed me to hope, it's gonna be all the more painful later. ;-;

I really have no idea what it could be so I won't even guess, hope we don't have to wait too long to find out.

I can reliably say it's not Gunbuster anyway - sadly due to musical clearance issues just now :(. But we're very keen on it and keep checking in to see if we can help at all!

(I too, can dream...)

Yeah the issue with the music is well known but I try to forget about it because it hurts me. I'm glad to know that you're keen in acquiring it however, maybe it'll come out within my lifetime! :(

Well, I'm kinda glad you dashed my hopes and dreams swiftly Andrew, the longer it went the worse it would have been lol never mind, one day......maybe.

Better to know now rather than later on that one, it's unfair to include an unfair guess anyway there as it just gives false hope ;_;. One day I'd love to get it though! Diebuster is viable now I think but I just find no point without both...:'(

Back