UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

britguy said:
This sort of damage isn't something AL have done. it looks a lot like the couriers employed by Sony DADC have just done a literal banging job with your delivery!

I'm rather lucky that I rarely if ever receive items with damage to them. I often think that it means the sorting offices and postmen in Birmingham are just very good at their job!

Yeah, I order stuff from all over the world with all types of delivery methods and packaging methods and I rarely get things damaged which always surprises me considering how long they are out there but I guess I've had a little unlucky streak of sorts recently.

Did anyone else have trouble finding the letter? I took the book and digipack out and couldnt find it in them, looked in the box and couldnt see it, then had a sudden sad feeling that "Oh no, Sony have goofed again, i've got to break andrews heart"

Turns out the reverse of the letter blended in surprisingly well with the box interior, and the letter was in the box! (in my defence my flat was rather dark at this point!)

My Patema UE arrived today, one of the discs had escaped but no issues with damage.

--

Now we have an AL thread I'd like to double check about Cowboy Bebop replacement discs, has the first wave gone out? looking back over my e-mails I've realised it was 19/11/14 when I got an update to say they'd be going out in the next week or so but I've yet to receive anything (I've sent an e-mail about this too but thought it might be good to get an update for everyone)

Mine's here too! Really impressed with it. The book in particular looks awesome. My only remark is that, as I said in the packaging thread, I'm not the biggest fan of the disc trays in the jumbo digipak being smaller than the digipak itself.

That's a minor quibble though, on the whole it's excellent. Can't wait to rewatch the film itself.

This thread is making me feel many emotions today, from envy (I have to wait a little longer for my Patema Inverted) to horror (that poor squashed package).

britguy said:
Did anyone else have trouble finding the letter? I took the book and digipack out and couldnt find it in them, looked in the box and couldnt see it, then had a sudden sad feeling that "Oh no, Sony have goofed again, i've got to break andrews heart"

Turns out the reverse of the letter blended in surprisingly well with the box interior, and the letter was in the box! (in my defence my flat was rather dark at this point!)

Not AL-related but something similar happened to me; I was breaking up my used cardboard boxes for recycling a couple of weeks ago when I noticed the dull-looking Sailor Moon BD set's bonus coin was taped inside one of the box flaps ^^; oops!

R

I know the Mai Mai Miracle release is still a ways off, but closer to the time will there be an ability to purchase the artbook? I think I've asked this before. I stupidly didn't go for the artbook tier and don't want to miss out on it now!

britguy said:

Ah, just realised what I thought was a random piece of card (maybe used to keep things separate in the box?) is actually the letter. Lucky that I popped it back in the box rather than recycle it like I first thought.

I'm glad everyone else is getting there's in perfect condition, but I'm sad that I got hit by a case of being super unlucky :(

Lutga said:
Got mine today and the box is thankfully in perfect condition - although one of the discs was loose (but undamaged)

A lot of loose discs being reported, even if they are undamaged it's a thumbs down for this style of disc holder imo.

My box was pristine, but again a loose disc (unscratched).

You don't seem to be able to pause the crowdfunder credits (or the two pages of English credits at the end)? At least not on my PS3. Makes finding your name rather difficult.. (I saw "however you see fit" in there but it goes by too fast to read more than a name or two)

Shiroi Hane said:
My box was pristine, but again a loose disc (unscratched).

You don't seem to be able to pause the crowdfunder credits (or the two pages of English credits at the end)? At least not on my PS3. Makes finding your name rather difficult.. (I saw "however you see fit" in there but it goes by too fast to read more than a name or two)

Nope, can't pause it. The list of names is in the back of the book.

Rosencrantz said:
Lutga said:
Got mine today and the box is thankfully in perfect condition - although one of the discs was loose (but undamaged)

A lot of loose discs being reported, even if they are undamaged it's a thumbs down for this style of disc holder imo.

Yeah, it took me a little while to work out how you actually release the disc by pushing 'down' on it so the springy bits at the bottom release.

Space Dandy arrived today and it's a pretty great set. The artbook is awesome and the visuals used throughout the set mesh together extremely well. I'm not completely sold on the amaray case though, would loved to have seen the artwork used on the sleeves just be the artwork for either side of the digipack, but ah well.

The artwork on the set seems ever so slightly misplaced, probably by half a centimetre or so, causing the lefthandside spine image to bleed over on to the front cover and the back cover to bleed over on to the right hand spine. Not a major issue for me, but could this potentially be caused by the switch from side slot to top slot? Have the dimensions been ever so slightly affected? It seems like the sheet with the front cover and two spines is too small?

The AL collection so far:

15984396962_ca5ef86b80_b.jpg

edit - examples of SPace Dandy spine

Left spine with back cover bleeding on to it and bleeding on to front cover:

15983063851_c61a0ed264_b.jpg

Right spine with back cover bleeding in to it:

15799051549_29d0c9ac99_b.jpg

Has anybody's Outlaw Star DVD set from the DOTD deal on sunday been posted out yet? Mine still says unfulfilled which is odd considering the Tiger & Bunny set was sent out yesterday and received today after buying it yesterday morning.

Outlaw Star - Nope, mine's still not here either DragonBlaze.

Lutga - I just received confirmation of postage from Zavvi, so hopefully you have too :)

Back