UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

With the .hack//SIGN original soundtrack being added to Spotify recently, as well as the recently announced license of Planetes, I wonder if there might be an appetite for the return of a certain other Beez title...

Well, a half decent price for a lackluster LE. That pricing should not be a "DOTW" price for that LE, it should be the ordinary price to be honest (and even that can be argued since people seem to find the LE at a much cheaper price than this on other sites).

What does that mean exactly, I’m not particularly knowledgeable about stuff like that.

There is an ANN Answerman article that explains the problem of converting most of the early digipaint stuff into HD. I don't remember it's exact name and cannot look it up right now, but it shouldn't be hard to find that one with a Google search or two.

It was animated digitally at a resolution that wasn't HD.

Meaning if they made a "HD" release it would be upscaled causing it to look blurry, and have detail loss.
Surely it could be remastered a la various games. Although as I'm guessing it would basically mean re-drawing everything it would too expensive for all bar the most popular shows.

I'm not sure if either of those are mentioned already, but the Collectors Editions of Wings of Honneamise and Code Geass I: Initiation are both out of print (the latter only recently).

I was just thinking yesterday when people got LL sunshine oh isn't Gundam out on monday... 😂 oh well, just the world we live in at the moment. But over a month delay must be a pretty big problem...
Probably printers/disc pressers getting through their backlog after lockdown, but that's just wild speculation on my part.

Back