UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Utenas book is big too, maybe not in size but it's page count is double most UE books. Obviously AL didn't produce the Utena book themselves so that's going to make it cheaper.

It's not that they didn't produce it. It's literally the fact its leftover stock from the US.

Sorry I missed this but what is the additional 10% membership from anime limited? I emailed them a while ago but they never got back to me on this.

Do you mean the Screen Anime 10% off?

"Don't forget, fully paid-up yearly members to Screen Anime are eligible for a 10% discount off all purchases at AllTheAnime.com by using the discount code SCREENANIME at checkout!"

It boils down to whether you know you can probably make it back up. I figured it was worth taking a year's subscription because worst case if I'm not a fan of the service I can be sure I'll at least make up the money in what I save. But if you don't buy much in a year from Anime Limited, it's not going to give you as much value if you aren't yet sure of subscribing for that long.

It boils down to whether you know you can probably make it back up. I figured it was worth taking a year's subscription because worst case if I'm not a fan of the service I can be sure I'll at least make up the money in what I save. But if you don't buy much in a year from Anime Limited, it's not going to give you as much value if you aren't yet sure of subscribing for that long.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I think long term I may save £20-£40 but the savings are small considering my orders would be pre orders only.
I think I give it a miss personally.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I think long term I may save £20-£40 but the savings are small considering my orders would be pre orders only.
I think I give it a miss personally.
So I pretty much only buy preorders from AL these days and having a look at 2020 I would have saved £55.79 already this year if the code had been available the whole time. Considering we are only half way through the year if you are someone who buys all or almost everything they bring out then screen anime will definitely pay for itself and then some.

With the Screen Anime discount, if you pre-order 1 early bird each month (at their usual price of £34.99), you'd make back the £39.98 annual membership fee. If you order more though, you'll save more. It is worth mentioning though, that you access to a virtual film festival too :p

Don't forget the Christmas sale too.
Seriously, I get to that point in the year expecting to end up with a load of stuff. The code is going to be very helpful come December.

Not having it all inside a chipboard box Like Perfect Blue is a killer, though - no one over on BD.com is remotely interested in the CE set as pictured, if everything is going to just fall out the bottom of the slipcover. Very negative responses over there. No chipboard, no buy for them, especially at that price point. The CE is going to be a tough sell, I'm afraid.

I'll still be double-dipping on the CE, even though I've already imported the Japanese Blu-ray Box.

Last edited:
Back