UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I'm not a fan of All that Gundam, but as it's selling well so it helps keeping the company running :)
Just don't forget all that other great titles already licensed and waiting for releases.

Give me consistency anyday. I'd much rather have every release in a nice chipboard box than a collection of amarays with the odd huge, shelf space killing box full of tat.

I generally dislike oversized anime sets, so I bought the big box US Gundam IBO set only for the chipboard box and amarays inside - I proceeded to give away the Gundam model for free to another forum member and tossed the big box, clear plastic slipcover, and the rest of the insides into the trash.

tossed the big box, clear plastic slipcover, and the rest of the insides into the trash.
giphy.gif

For what its worth I really like the larger boxes of the Ultimate Editions. Escaflowne and Terror in Resonance are side on up on my bookshelf (in front of other stuff) so I can see the box as a piece of art.

The Eureka 7 black cardboard throw away box housing everything was a huge disappointment to me.

For what its worth I really like the larger boxes of the Ultimate Editions. Escaflowne and Terror in Resonance are side on up on my bookshelf (in front of other stuff) so I can see the box as a piece of art.

The Eureka 7 black cardboard throw away box housing everything was a huge disappointment to me.
I have to admit I do love the Escaflowne UE, but that's all digipaks with lots of artwork.

So the gundam wing part 2 CE's only difference is a 48 page book? I got part 1 but I am sure I can pick part 2 up cheaper without the little booklet at a later date (which is preferable to me if it's the case.)

I have to admit I do love the Escaflowne UE, but that's all digipaks with lots of artwork.

The AL Escaflowne UE is a larger box but it still fits on my standard media shelf without overhanging the shelf, so I don't mind that size at all - and digipaks are all the schizz! It is the largest box set I have that fits in my media shelves. The IBO CE box did fit on my media shelf too, but it had to be turned sideways, and it took up way too many BD slots on the shelf, so it had to go - the chipboard box inside was plenty enough for me.

I do have a regular bookshelf unit upstairs that has some of the really oversized box sets I own, like the FMA UE Gate, The JP Garden of Sinners LE box, the UK GitS CE from Manga, and all my NIS America PE sets. I just had no interest in keeping the IBO box at all, as Gundam really isn't my thing.

Back