UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Hey that's great, but...

"We absolutely made sure to use the best available video materials for the upcoming Re:ZERO Season 1 Part 2 home video product"

Doesn't exactly fill me with confidence that it'll be all that much better considering what Part 2 looks like.

The easy fix for Re:Zero- just don't be interested in it, like me.

"Yeah, but don't you like Gundam?"

maxresdefault.jpg

Not surprised, but a shame given how good Penguin Highway is. It's not quite as family friendly as many might have hoped with the ample boob jokes though.

That Gundam image makes me want to say, yikes! What happened to PQ or lack thereoff?
I have not bought Gundam 0079 on BD yet, I have the DVD.
Gundam 0079 was DNR'd massively, At the master level, to be in fact. mp3dom said it was built in when Dynit got their hands on it. So unless Bandai does a new scan and/or remaster without DNR, it'll always be there. That shot in particular, though... I have no idea how that happened...

Gundam 0079 was DNR'd massively, At the master level, to be in fact. mp3dom said it was built in when Dynit got their hands on it. So unless Bandai does a new scan and/or remaster without DNR, it'll always be there. That shot in particular, though... I have no idea how that happened...

PQ? DNR? What do these abbreviations mean?

Thank you, so is there an issue with DNR? Admittedly I don't see anything wrong with the above picture as I have only seen the blu-rays. apart from that jankie line going down the right of the screen I guess.

DNR will cause picture quality loss if your too aggressive, and its highly recommended not to use it on shows with grain as DNR sees film grain as noise, and will remove it causing a pretty big hit to the PQ.

Also noise reduction can be applied by your TV. On my TV settings all digital tampering such as noise reduction, motion smoothing, sharpening etc is turned off or set to zero.

Back