UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

It's a bit of a reach to call it a joke when it's actually a pretty good set. A few of the complaints I've seen here are pretty much just nitpicks which isn't surprising for this forum tbh since that one time people complained about one frame in Your Name. The only actual problem really is the price but I'm happy enough with my standard sets. Looks like a great release for fans of the series anyway.

It's a bit of a reach to call it a joke when it's actually a pretty good set. A few of the complaints I've seen here are pretty much just nitpicks which isn't surprising for this forum tbh since that one time people complained about one frame in Your Name. The only actual problem really is the price but I'm happy enough with my standard sets. Looks like a great release for fans of the series anyway.
People are complaining about the price, and I am a fan of the series yet I am livid by this set... the nitpicks become massive when it’s £300 we want perfect for that price well i do...

which isn't surprising for this forum tbh since that one time people complained about one frame in Your Name

To be fair with this one (if it's the thing I'm thinking of), the original release had faults, and so it was corrected and people who had bought the dodgy copies had them reissued with the corrected one, however (unfortunately), there was still that one frame issue that some people were merely highlighting as a comparison to the original dodgy one? If I recall most people were actually okay with it in the end; you're bound to get some who are never really happy though :)

Two frames is obviously not as bad as more than two frames, but if you're criteria is 'what might people not notice' then you might as well just remove the frames entirely if you're convinced that two frames is nitpicking. Providing an error-free transfer of their highest profile title in not one but two attempts really should be the hill that AL is willing to die on and the fact that they couldn't do so is not amusing but very disappointing.

To be fair with this one (if it's the thing I'm thinking of), the original release had faults, and so it was corrected and people who had bought the dodgy copies had them reissued with the corrected one, however (unfortunately), there was still that one frame issue that some people were merely highlighting as a comparison to the original dodgy one? If I recall most people were actually okay with it in the end; you're bound to get some who are never really happy though :)
They corrected some dodgy frames, yes, but they definitely didn't touch the 20mbps limited video. And that's infuriating.

They corrected some dodgy frames, yes, but they definitely didn't touch the 20mbps limited video. And that's infuriating.

That's fair enough, and I'm certainly not suggesting that it's something not worthy of disappointment :) I was simply pointing out that since the original was (from what I gather) pretty bad, people were still right to at least flag up the issue in the newer release, since it was such a shame that even after a second attempt, it still wasn't right. From an objective standpoint I'm not suggesting that the output was acceptable, and I'm sure people were pretty disappointed, but in the end I think (most) people were content with the offering and accepted that it was as good as it was going to get, all things considered. They were able to over-look the fact that, in the grand scheme of things, it was only two frames out of 1042094654601948691468946541604800986905895803495894 (ish) :)

That's fair enough, and I'm certainly not suggesting that it's something not worthy of disappointment :) I was simply pointing out that since the original was (from what I gather) pretty bad, people were still right to at least flag up the issue in the newer release, since it was such a shame that even after a second attempt, it still wasn't right. From an objective standpoint I'm not suggesting that the output was acceptable, and I'm sure people were pretty disappointed, but in the end I think (most) people were content with the offering and accepted that it was as good as it was going to get, all things considered. They were able to over-look the fact that, in the grand scheme of things, it was only two frames out of 1042094654601948691468946541604800986905895803495894 (ish) :)
106 (minutes) X 60 (seconds) X 24 (frames per second) = 152640 (frames).

I think

Back