UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Are Japan maybe planning a Blu-ray re-release any time soon? Would be unusual (but cool) if the UK got a BD release first.
I'd think it more likely a Discotek announcement being round the corner and they'll be the first to release it. But you never know, AL like to surprise us.

Honestly even as someone who watched Bartender a couple of years ago I don't really have much interest in seeing it again. It's an interesting oddity of a show and was fun in the sense of learning things I didn't know but well unless your really into your alcohol then I doubt anyone would really find this show very rewatchable personally.

Thats CR but with them breaking up and Madman having Free and Dragon Maid now anythings possible.

If Madman have a series that Funimation do is there more chance of AL or another Anime company over here getting the license for it or are we just stuck with dying of old age waiting for Sony to release it over here?

Sony exists in Aus releasing the exact same shows as here eg YOI And smartphone this month. Only AoT went madman in aus and Sony here. But madman getting FUNi and CR stuff suggests it’s up for sublicense but also suggests they may force things as Maid dragon is bd/dvd combo

I hadn't heard of it until people started talking about that and Hinamatsuri so maybe it's something to do with that?
Now I'm even more surprised. I haven't watched Hinamatsuri yet, but from what I saw from the trailer back shortly before it aired it kind of looked like as far away as it could be from The Bartender.

Bartender a nice chilling show and worth a watch to be sure. But I'm not too keen on rewatching it either, since just listening to the soundtrack gives the same relaxing effect. (If I were to go that track of type of shows I'd probably rather pick Gallery Fake. Same style of one side character's problem per episode centered something you can learn, just that it's around a painting instead of alcohol. And the main character is a male tsundere of sorts. Not as moody relaxing, but kind of more memorable. But it's such a long show that nobody ever heard of, so it probably will never get out of Japan.)
But for anybody not already knowing it, it's really one one of those apart of your typical anime.

Nothing I personally want, but those are all respectable shows that I hope do well. Bartender is one of those shows I've known about for a long time & have had stored on an old had drive for about 7-8 years, yet still haven't gotten to, so maybe this will prove a decent opportunity. Although I find it funny looking at the cult classic 00's shows that AL keeps licensing as almost being trapped a whirlpool current, with Planetes at the centre. Maybe they'll get there in the end, but for now they're spinning in a slow circle towards it, collecting every other underappreciated gem along the way. At this rate we'll probably a Simoun or Paradise Kiss license before that show (I'd be happy with any and all of them).

I also hope that the freeing up of licenses might mean the likes of Rakugo & Concrete Revolutio eventually find their way of here on BD.

I don't care who does it, we need Rakugo on BD. AL, MVM, anybody... it's a true shame we don't have it on BD outside Japan at all...

(And if possible, include the BD versions- like how Episode 12 is 2 minutes longer, and Episode 1 is 35 minutes longer.)

I only just now discovered that Episode 1 has a 5.1 audio mix in addition to the 35 minutes of new footage. That's it. We need Rakugo ASAP. (But, actually take your time, dear licensor- revise the translation and add in subs to the new footage. Your patience will be rewarded with sales from the 5 of us who want it.)

Last edited:
Back