UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

6 days since that rightstuf 00 set shipped and the tracking has nothing.

My decision to buy an American Blu-ray set that I can't even play and will be stung by customs despite a UK release coming is working well.
zoid_at_last_crafty_640_by_penniavaswen-d6kew5w.gif

There's nothing wrong with the tax, it's only the royal mail "screw you" fee you should complain about.
Yes but all those costs usually damage any savings especially when I buy shows I want at launch. It’s all good free getting a sale 1 year after launch no help to me. I use UP1 100% now.

I've only really used RS for the Gundam stuff we've basically been told we have no chance of getting. A while back picked up Gundam X, the Turn A movies and Gundam Evolve. Certainly got stung by customs.

Gundam X I was tempted by now a BD is out in japan I’m sure it’s coming west now in a few years. As it’s like the only Gundam I haven’t seen now. Well destiny, G and X but I know those two are getting release

As opposed to all the Gundam they're still stringing us along with but we clearly have no chance of getting?
I want to believe.

But I'd be lying if I said I hadn't considered one mad dash to just grab all the stuff America has received and we haven't. It's an apples to oranges scenario but RS are getting this stuff out more timely.

And at the risk of pissing off 98% of the forum, depending on how things go for the country in the very near future I question if we'll get anymore Gundam at all.

Yes but all those costs usually damage any savings especially when I buy shows I want at launch. It’s all good free getting a sale 1 year after launch no help to me. I use UP1 100% now.

A couple of suppositions on my part but:
Doesn't the majority of the USA have to pay that kinda tax rate anyway? I always thought they just have to work it all out themselves.

As for the royal mail extortion fee: I always thought that the majority of it goes to paying the *insert expletives* that work in customs as opposed to the royal mail delivering it hence why RM has always said it doesn't profit from it.

Back