UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I'm good with all these upcoming title's, should be able to budget.

Thankful it was wrote that more title's are to be pencilled in as we have some titles that have been on the schedule for what seems like forever :p

Those release dates are disappointing to say the least, SAO not till may and nothing on love live, mob psycho or death parade (if those are still even being released as you still haven't updated people on what you lost). Looks like they're all going to have to be inports.

They haven't updated people on the status of the Crunchyroll title's because they don't 100% know themselves yet as it has been said that they'll tell everyone once it's confirmed :)
I don't see there being an issue around Death Parade or Love Live? From what we all know they're happening. Neither are part of the Crunchyroll deal.

I'm eagerly awaiting the A Silent Voice vinyl, that's my biggest complaint with the new line-up. Preorders were supposed to be live a month ago now.

Totally hear you - I've had some material pushback on it - vinyl projects progress though and they don't need regular listing like Q2 stuff so I still likely will have it in for then. I just want to be careful how we start this range, because when you miss your first dates for a new range it isn't cool. Reason it isn't up for pre-order is I never want another Gundam Zeta-style situation where the gap from pre-order is so wide (it happens all the time to my orders on iam8Bit too for video game vinyls and drives me crazy).

Trigun is advancing already, A Silent Voice won't be far behind though so just because it's not listed yet doesn't mean it won't be in Q2 man :).

Best,

AP

Those release dates are disappointing to say the least, SAO not till may and nothing on love live, mob psycho or death parade (if those are still even being released as you still haven't updated people on what you lost). Looks like they're all going to have to be inports.

Well firstly welcome to the AUKN forums! May I say how honoured I am your first post here was to voice your disappointment, it may be your first time saying it but I am sure it won't be the last :D. Swings and roundabouts really though as I'm sure you'd be even more disappointed if we listed one date then delayed it too, so we've just saved you resentment on top of disappointment.

Power to you for supporting anime legally via import :). I'm pretty confident our editions will be worth the wait to the patient but at least there are alternatives that do support the industry to those who can't wait.

AP

Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

>> List product early, delay product until accurate release date found (possibly sooner than current date set in this case) -> Oh no, Anime Ltd are so incompetent, I cant't deal with this. | Anime Limited - Always late etc. | Oh no, I don't trust them to release then.

>> List product with realistic date, that may get moved up in fact if all goes to plan -> Oh no, Anime Ltd are taking forever to release this show (which is a different release to the USA), I can't stand this either. etc etc

Listening to feedback, this is what you guys wanted - realistic dates that can actually be hit. I am delivering what you requested and removing as much of the risky dates as possible.

Should be careful what you wish for in future! In all seriousness, as things get into a groove it should pan out OK though, I would rather improve release dates later now as products are ready than delay things again really :).

AP

I bought part 1 well preorder before you announced your release of Hyouka and I did always plan to get both as I was close to buying the JP before funi and you announced you so I still will be supporting you for Hyouka

I know I'm only speaking for myself here, but realistically which fan of a show like Hyouka is going to pass on a CE in favour of a standard? I don't own the show in any form other than AL's Part 1 and although I've seen if before, even if I hadn't I'm not against waiting 6 months for a product that I'm genuinely going to get more out of then if it was just a rushed second set or a standard. Anime is expensive and the value more often than not is always in the extras for me, so a hold back in order to get a better extra is far more worthwhile to me. ^^;

I mean I do believe owning the show is most important so I usually dont want to wait thats cos i am impatient but Hyouka I double dipped and of they do a good set for another show I love I may double dip too.

Sorry if this has already been discussed and whatnot, I keep popping in and out here not as often as I'd like.

SAO Ordinal Scale, The Night Is Short Walk On Girl and Fireworks. When can we hope to see these on DVD please?

Is our Ordinal Scale going to be different to the french release? Or is there another reason we are having to wait much longer than them?

Sorry if this has already been discussed and whatnot, I keep popping in and out here not as often as I'd like.

SAO Ordinal Scale, The Night Is Short Walk On Girl and Fireworks. When can we hope to see these on DVD please?

SAO is May, nothing else is pencilled in yet. :)

Now that I have some proper free-time right now I can delve my thoughts on the Q2 slate in long text form.

---

Anywho on a more positive note, I'm happy to see more films getting released since I nearly have every single Anime Limited Collector's Edition version of them on my shelf (just got Letter to Momo left).

It's good to see that you're offering more standard editions to TV shows without the need of a collector's set, since not every one of them needs one to be honest. I do think collector's editions for films and also OVA & Anthology collections are worth it, especially if you could grab the license to more niche or unique titles. My request would be the Japan Animator Expo - which has a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff on its official site that would be nice to have in book form (like Genius Party had the Making-of content).

I'm surprised you're actually releasing the live-action Tokyo Ghoul film in the end, so I wonder if you would consider going after other properties like JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable Chapter 1 or As the Gods Will (both were directed by Takashi Miike).

Re:ZERO getting released in CE form is a plus for me, and I'm curious to see what the Wolf's Rain UE will look like in the end in terms of the final cover art. I haven't seen the series but I have heard good things.

So yeah, a happy post from me. I'm not fussed about the small list added since you already stated that more are on the way to be listed plus we have the Q1 titles to look forward to as well.

---

P.S. I look forward to the final cover art of the Testament of Sister New Devil CE considering it's sold out in the US and I would much rather have a Region B disc than a A locked one these days.

My request would be the Japan Animator Expo - which has a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff on its official site that would be nice to have in book form (like Genius Party had the Making-of content).
Totally agree. Would this likely be a separate release here, unlike its inclusion with Dragon Dentist in Japan?

Totally agree. Would this likely be a separate release here, unlike its inclusion with Dragon Dentist in Japan?

That's what I like to know more about to be honest.

There's two ways this can go:
  • The Sentai route: Just focusing on the recent adaptation of the story. Nothing else.
  • The Japan route: Cover all versions of the story including the recent adaptation and the original short. Plus have Animator Expo as a timed exclusive inclusion for the CE set similar to the Japanese release.

The Japan route: Cover all versions of the story including the recent adaptation and the original short. Plus have Animator Expo as a timed exclusive inclusion for the CE set similar to the Japanese release.
Ooh, any chance we could go this route? This gets my vote. :)

By the by, I'm reading the aforementioned Genius Party making-of book at the moment. What a marvellous piece of work it is!

I'm surprised you're actually releasing the live-action Tokyo Ghoul film in the end, so I wonder if you would consider going after other properties like JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable Chapter 1 or As the Gods Will (both were directed by Takashi Miike).

& Terra Formars ;)

pls andrew

That's what I like to know more about to be honest.

There's two ways this can go:
  • The Sentai route: Just focusing on the recent adaptation of the story. Nothing else.
  • The Japan route: Cover all versions of the story including the recent adaptation and the original short. Plus have Animator Expo as a timed exclusive inclusion for the CE set similar to the Japanese release.

The Animator Expo shorts are not allowed to be bundled internationally with Dragon Dentist and seems counter-intuitive to me anyway as they are a focus in themselves :).

Still would LOVE to do it if I can, so who knows what time will yield...

Best,

AP

The Animator Expo shorts are not allowed to be bundled internationally with Dragon Dentist and seems counter-intuitive to me anyway as they are a focus in themselves :).

Still would LOVE to do it if I can, so who knows what time will yield...

Best,

AP

That's interesting. Well keep stalking them just in case they make the license available, otherwise it'll be a groundhog day for you (MEMEME style).

Well firstly welcome to the AUKN forums! May I say how honoured I am your first post here was to voice your disappointment, it may be your first time saying it but I am sure it won't be the last :D. Swings and roundabouts really though as I'm sure you'd be even more disappointed if we listed one date then delayed it too, so we've just saved you resentment on top of disappointment.

Power to you for supporting anime legally via import :). I'm pretty confident our editions will be worth the wait to the patient but at least there are alternatives that do support the industry to those who can't wait.

AP

Yea first post being a complaint isn't the greatest thing, but dont get me wrong, I adore your releases to bits.
Patience wise, I done plenty of waiting for your titles, i had the Shinkai double pack preordered from pretty much the moment i was able to, so i am perfectly capable of waiting. Its just after waiting for Euphonium and basically getting told waiting was a waste of time, I've pretty much decided that after that farce I shouldn't have to wait.
Death Parade was released in the U.S over a year ago and its coming up to a year for the Australian release and we've seen absolutely nothing for it. Now we're getting told we have to wait 3 months for SAO and no reason given for the delay, not even a hint of anything to make it worth it.

I look forward to adding Lu Over the Wall to my Yuasa collection and it's good to see the Shinkai double bill come back into print. Nothing else for me from the Q2 announcements, looking forward to getting Momotaro later in the year - hope to hear more soon about what extras that might have!

Back