UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I really don’t understand the negativity toward Hyouka Part 2 when it was explained before a date even surfaced that it’d be a wait because of the book, which incidentally I am totally fine with - I love that show and want the best possible release of it, which for me includes a book. If anything I'd say the bigger complaint is that DRR is still not pencilled in, if we really have to complain about sets taking forever.

Not a lot in Q2 interests me. Might pick up Re:Zero and Lu. I definitely want SAO and I find myself disappointed that it's not until May, especially with Dragon Cry just edging into April, but I imagine the holdbacks on SAO must have been a nightmare or you don't want two films in a similar genre back to back?

Also while you're here @anime_andrew is there a reason Kiss Him, Not Me! is standard only? I assume there just wasn't much to work with, but I'd have loved a CE for it. :(

If anything I'd say the bigger complaint is that DRR is still not pencilled in, if we really have to complain about sets taking forever.

As previously noted, on our release schedule page:

PLEASE NOTE: The list above does not include all releases planned during this time; there are more in the works and this page will be updated accordingly once all info is 100% confirmed and set.

;)

As previously noted, on our release schedule page:

;)

tumblr_p1whvglcOT1v34gt0o3_500.gif

I’ll try not to get my hopes up too high...

Re:Zero - we can only move as fast as we can get an English dub etc you know?

Not really sure what you expected here - plus a bunch of shows we'll announce when I am confident of their release dates :).

Best,

AP

If there's one thing that's bugging me it's Re:ZERO. Are you 100% sure that an English dub is going to included or is it just speculation at the moment?

I’ve already owned Hyouka 9 months by that point I think that’s the problem this show has never been legally available at all they have to wait 7 months at least to finish this show @Demelza

Well no, like Andrew said himself it is streaming on FuniNow and even if it wasn’t in the end the wait is worth it because we’re getting a better release.

Well no, like Andrew said himself it is streaming on FuniNow and even if it wasn’t in the end the wait is worth it because we’re getting a better release.
Dub only. And that is not true as people are being forced into CEs some people would be happy for SEs I’m fine with it as I own the FUNi BDs and finished my rewatch months ago if I had watched 11(+OVA) of it and forced to wait 7 months at least I wouldn’t be pleased either. And actually as a friend got it at MCM for me I would be forced to wait longer.

I really don’t understand the negativity toward Hyouka Part 2 when it was explained before a date even surfaced that it’d be a wait because of the book, which incidentally I am totally fine with - I love that show and want the best possible release of it, which for me includes a book. If anything I'd say the bigger complaint is that DRR is still not pencilled in, if we really have to complain about sets taking forever.

As I mentioned before, DRR x Ketsu is already up on Amazon from the past and while Feb 26th may not hit just due to print times, I'm confident it's a Q1 release (aka March).

Not a lot in Q2 interests me. Might pick up Re:Zero and Lu. I definitely want SAO and I find myself disappointed that it's not until May, especially with Dragon Cry just edging into April, but I imagine the holdbacks on SAO must have been a nightmare or you don't want two films in a similar genre back to back?

The joy of release dates being exactly on a realistic release date (after holdbacks) is that we can always pull the date ahead. The reasons for it being where it is are a bit complicated to explain but there's a possibility it will move upwards at least in Q2 (although not guaranteed). Either way, I am confident there will be other legal UK means to watch the film before that - so you don't have to worry too much :).

Also while you're here @anime_andrew is there a reason Kiss Him, Not Me! is standard only? I assume there just wasn't much to work with, but I'd have loved a CE for it. :(

It's a difficult one - I have a suspicion that you're one of the few people who would want a CE for it for starters though which is part of the issue there :(! Rare we have that situation but it doesn't mean we won't revisit that down the line if a circumstance arises though so watch this space :).

AP

Why on Earth would I speculate about a product when I have listed it for sale? That's the highest grade of Bad Idea when it comes to business relationships.

Best,

AP

I'll take that as a yes.

I only ask because the anime community on reddit are in denial over the news (no offence to the reddit users reading this), and I didn't want an army of Rem fans with pitchforks going after me over last night's article just because the UK were the only ones mentioning it.

Dub only. And that is not true as people are being forced into CEs some people would be happy for SEs I’m fine with it as I own the FUNi BDs and finished my rewatch months ago if I had watched 11(+OVA) of it and forced to wait 7 months at least I wouldn’t be pleased either. And actually as a friend got it at MCM for me I would be forced to wait longer.

I know I'm only speaking for myself here, but realistically which fan of a show like Hyouka is going to pass on a CE in favour of a standard? I don't own the show in any form other than AL's Part 1 and although I've seen if before, even if I hadn't I'm not against waiting 6 months for a product that I'm genuinely going to get more out of then if it was just a rushed second set or a standard. Anime is expensive and the value more often than not is always in the extras for me, so a hold back in order to get a better extra is far more worthwhile to me. ^^;

As I mentioned before, DRR x Ketsu is already up on Amazon from the past and while Feb 26th may not hit just due to print times, I'm confident it's a Q1 release (aka March).

Noted after your first post! Honestly any time before Summer is perfectly fine with me for DRR, so I'm happy to hear it'll be within Q1 regardless. :)

The joy of release dates being exactly on a realistic release date (after holdbacks) is that we can always pull the date ahead. The reasons for it being where it is are a bit complicated to explain but there's a possibility it will move upwards at least in Q2 (although not guaranteed). Either way, I am confident there will be other legal UK means to watch the film before that - so you don't have to worry too much :).

Liking the sound of hopefully being able to see it again before the CE hits. I supported the cinema release, but considering the end leads into the next SAO season I've been looking forward to a rewatch, so any way to do that certainly helps my patience otherwise.

It's a difficult one - I have a suspicion that you're one of the few people who would want a CE for it for starters though which is part of the issue there :(! Rare we have that situation but it doesn't mean we won't revisit that down the line if a circumstance arises though so watch this space :).

AP

That's a real shame but also not unsurprising to hear. :( I'll make sure to pick up a copy of it regardless as I'm really glad you bothered to license a show like that at all, as it certainly doesn't really interest the mass market (from what little I can see anyways). Your release is timed just after the original manga comes to an end too, so it'll be nice to revisit the anime afterwards. Thanks for the responses Andrew! :)

I’ve already owned Hyouka 9 months by that point I think that’s the problem this show has never been legally available at all they have to wait 7 months at least to finish this show @Demelza

Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

>> List product early, delay product until accurate release date found (possibly sooner than current date set in this case) -> Oh no, Anime Ltd are so incompetent, I cant't deal with this. | Anime Limited - Always late etc. | Oh no, I don't trust them to release then.

>> List product with realistic date, that may get moved up in fact if all goes to plan -> Oh no, Anime Ltd are taking forever to release this show (which is a different release to the USA), I can't stand this either. etc etc

Listening to feedback, this is what you guys wanted - realistic dates that can actually be hit. I am delivering what you requested and removing as much of the risky dates as possible.

Should be careful what you wish for in future! In all seriousness, as things get into a groove it should pan out OK though, I would rather improve release dates later now as products are ready than delay things again really :).

AP

I'll take that as a yes.

I only ask because the anime community on reddit are in denial over the news (no offence to the reddit users reading this), and I didn't want an army of Rem fans with pitchforks going after me over last night's article just because the UK were the only ones mentioning it.

You can take it however you like :).

AP

Just putting it out there that I'd happily buy a webshop exclusive CE, even if it means it's more expensive.

Those release dates are disappointing to say the least, SAO not till may and nothing on love live, mob psycho or death parade (if those are still even being released as you still haven't updated people on what you lost). Looks like they're all going to have to be inports.

Back