UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Was there ever a plan to release 'The Place Promised In Our Early Days' and 'Voices Of A Distant Star' on standard Blu-ray when the Collector's Edition went out of print? I was think of upgrading from my ADV Shinkai Collection DVD set (which I found cheap in Forbidden Planet in Bristol years ago and probably got me started as Shinkai fan:)) after getting the book "a sky longing for memories: The Art of Makoto Shinkai" for Christmas. But it looks like it's now Out Of Stock everywhere I look online :(.

Was there ever a plan to release 'The Place Promised In Our Early Days' and 'Voices Of A Distant Star' on standard Blu-ray when the Collector's Edition went out of print? I was think of upgrading from my ADV Shinkai Collection DVD set (which I found cheap in Forbidden Planet in Bristol years ago and probably got me started as Shinkai fan:)) after getting the book "a sky longing for memories: The Art of Makoto Shinkai" for Christmas. But it looks like it's now Out Of Stock everywhere I look online :(.
Search Results: The Place Promised in Our Early Days

So

Did Place Promised ever get a 101 Films / 101 Anime release in the end. Or was this the one that got canceled

That got cancelled and AL took it over. I haven't heard what they're planning on doing with it now that the CE is out of print; prior to that release there was talk of a complete Shinkai set that proved too difficult to put together, not sure if working with him on Your Name has made that prospect more likely.

Something to speculate about when it comes to the Sound Euphonium thing...

Looks like Pony Canyon US is having issues...

Considering nothing has happened much for their recent titles I'm not surprised. Folks didn't like the model and they cheapened out with Kuromukuro and made the standard edition complete set of Yuki Yuna exclusive to conventions which was a stupid decision altogether.

Besides Crunchyroll pretty much have the international rights for their catalogue, with one of the titles dubbed for European languages and all of their catalogue added to Steam under their name.

According to Shawne at Rightstuf, PonyCan is just rebuilding their site - not going away.

I thought maybe they they didn't sell enough anime to pay the bill for their web hosting renewal... :D

Last edited:
My Day 11 blu-rays and ZZ Part 2 arrived today, just as I came back in from work. I mean, I literally met the post van man walking into my gate (thankfully he knew me from before and just handed them to me. I like to assume he'd ask for proof I lived there before giving them to me otherwise...)

Does anyone know if the AL team are still in the process of fulfilling the 12 Days orders? I know a bunch of folks received their Day 11 items earlier in the week but I still haven't received an update since those emails from Jeremy. I did just receive the Boxing Day offer items that I bought earlier this week, which is a bit weird, although I'm guessing those were sent straight from MVM's warehouse instead.

Does anyone know if the AL team are still in the process of fulfilling the 12 Days orders? I know a bunch of folks received their Day 11 items earlier in the week but I still haven't received an update since those emails from Jeremy.

Yes, they're all still in the process of being fulfilled - a lot of them were done this week, and that will be continuing into next week.

We used a different fulfillment house over the Christmas and New Year period to keep things moving, which is why those orders arrived before the remaining 12 Days of Christmas orders.

Yes, they're all still in the process of being fulfilled - a lot of them were done this week, and that will be continuing into next week.

We used a different fulfillment house over the Christmas and New Year period to keep things moving, which is why those orders arrived before the remaining 12 Days of Christmas orders.

Fair enough. Thanks for the update. ^^

Back