UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I would love some kind of updates on what titles AL actually plans on releasing and which ones they're not bothering with. I'm sure they have a bunch of licences that they got and then swiftly forgot about. Plastic Memories, Comet Lucifer, Buddy Complex, Dimension W, Chaos Dragon, Joker Game, High School Fleet, Kiznaiver, Rokka, ect.

Since this is being mentioned, here's a recap of the 'have yet to be released' titles. I've split the titles below by what was distributed in the US.

Aniplex of America
Durarara!!x2 Arc 3: Ketsu
Erased [Part 2]
High School Fleet
March comes in like a Lion [Season 1]
Plastic Memories
Silver Spoon
Sword Art Online the Movie -Ordinal Scale-

Crunchyroll x Aniplex
Kiznaiver

Crunchyroll x Funimation
Ace Attorney
Bungo Stray Dogs
Joker Game
King's Game the Animation
Kiss Him, Not Me!
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-
The Testament of Sister New Devil
The Testament of Sister New Devil: Burst
Twin Star Exorcists

Crunchyroll x Ponycan
Rokka -Braves of the Six Flowers-

Discotek Media
Lupin the Third Part IV
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

Funimation
Buddy Complex
Chaos Dragon
Chrono Crusade
Death Parade
Eureka Seven: Hi-Evolution Movie 1
Eureka Seven: Hi-Evolution Movie 2
Eureka Seven: Hi-Evolution Movie 3
Fairy Tail: Dragon Cry
Grimgar: Ashes & Illusions (of Fantasy and Ash)
Love Live! Sunshine!! [Season 1]
Love Live! Sunshine!! [Season 2]
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya [Season 1]
Momotaro: Sacred Sailors (Divine Sea Warriors)
Peacemaker Kurogane
Project Itoh: Genocidal Organ
Riddle Story of Devil
The Rolling Girls
Tokyo Ghoul [Live-Action]
Wolf's Rain

GKIDS
Mind Game
Napping Princess

Nozomi Entertainment (Rightstuf)
Junjo Romantica
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ [Part 2]
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Turn-A Gundam

Sentai Filmworks
Anonymous Noise
Aoharu x Machinegun
Comet Lucifer
Kino's Journey [via ADV Films]

Viz Media
K: Missing Kings
K: Return of Kings

Unlicensed
Fireworks
Lu Over the Wall
Pigtails & Other Shorts [aka Anime Mirai shorts/Kick Heart/Oval x Over]
Princess Arete
Violet Evergarden

I would love some kind of updates on what titles AL actually plans on releasing and which ones they're not bothering with. I'm sure they have a bunch of licences that they got and then swiftly forgot about. Plastic Memories, Comet Lucifer, Buddy Complex, Dimension W, Chaos Dragon, Joker Game, High School Fleet, Kiznaiver, Rokka, ect.

A few things to note here:

1. We don't "forget" about licenses we hold, nor do we just "not bother with" them. ;)

2. Due to the nature of our releases, it can take time to figure out what we can do with any given release to make it as appealing as possible, while still working within the realms of what is realistic for a title, over and above all the usual hold-ups around approvals and the like. That means that it can take time before we're even ready to talk about our plans for a title, and we don't want to divulge anything until we're good and ready.

3. There are some titles we simply don't have news to share about at the moment. I fully appreciate that people want to know more about a number of titles, especially after the sad news we had to share around Sound! Euphonium, but the truth of the matter is that we'll give out information when we can, and all we can ask for is your patience until that time comes and everything is set in stone.

A few things to note here:

1. We don't "forget" about licenses we hold, nor do we just "not bother with" them. ;)

2. Due to the nature of our releases, it can take time to figure out what we can do with any given release to make it as appealing as possible, while still working within the realms of what is realistic for a title, over and above all the usual hold-ups around approvals and the like. That means that it can take time before we're even ready to talk about our plans for a title, and we don't want to divulge anything until we're good and ready.

3. There are some titles we simply don't have news to share about at the moment. I fully appreciate that people want to know more about a number of titles, especially after the sad news we had to share around Sound! Euphonium, but the truth of the matter is that we'll give out information when we can, and all we can ask for is your patience until that time comes and everything is set in stone.

Thanks for the reply. I do appreciate where you come from, but it's hard not feel as if some licenses have been forgotten about when other titles have been licensed since and then released and then gone on to come out before there's even a hint of an update about the older licences, even when US or Aus releases have come and gone. Of course, it's not my place to say, but I do think some of these titles I listed could well do with just a US clone disc and a SE release. No one's gonna blame you for not putting out a fancy Chaos Dragon CE :p

Hmmm, still no notification of my day 9 & 11 deals shipping. It's not an problem but I noticed other people's orders for FMA 2003 & Rage of Bahamut shipped on Monday, so I assumed I'd be right behind. Anyone know the last day MVM ships outs stock before the Christmas - New Year break? Today?

Hmmm, still no notification of my day 9 & 11 deals shipping. It's not an problem but I noticed other people's orders for FMA 2003 & Rage of Bahamut shipped on Monday, so I assumed I'd be right behind. Anyone know the last day MVM ships outs stock before the Christmas - New Year break? Today?
My FMA arrived today but Bahamut has yet to dispatch.

Back