UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Reminds me of that one time when the first people who ordered a LE Blu-ray from Korea got the highest numbers first because the highest numbers were placed at the top of the crate which meant that the last person got #1 lol.

We wouldn't want it competing with those Yu-Gi-Oh! screenings that are over, or that one day of A Silent Voice on general release. It's got to be in its own month out of the way, heaven forbid people see two whole films in the same month. You must be some sort of madman wanting it in February after we had Yu-Gi-Oh!

How could I drag my ass to that cinema 5 minutes away two times in the course of 16 days (and then probably not again for a few months)?

We wouldn't want it competing with those Yu-Gi-Oh! screenings that are over, or that one day of A Silent Voice on general release. It's got to be in its own month out of the way, heaven forbid people see two whole films in the same month. You must be some sort of madman wanting it in February after we had Yu-Gi-Oh!
In Anime Limited's original statement regarding the delay, they noted that it was down to manpower - basically, these releases require a lot of time and resources to organise, promote etc.

In Anime Limited's original statement regarding the delay, they noted that it was down to manpower - basically, these releases require a lot of time and resources to organise, promote etc.

I thought I'd read they didn't want to steal away from other anime's theatrical spotlight as it were.

As discussed in the cinema thread, I don't expect to see any anime in a cinema without it being a major inconvenience (and this is as someone who spends most of his free time driving to and from the cinema and spending whole days there), but I thought SAO being a pretty major name for casual anime fans would cause them to at least match Manga's DBZ push. Really shouldn't have got my hopes up.

Well, it just seems Manga in general are better at marketing and getting anime in the cinemas. Even Cineworld had some screenings of Ghost in the Shell (not a huge amount, but at least some).

I thought I'd read they didn't want to steal away from other anime's theatrical spotlight as it were.
From the blog post:

"The reason they are taking place in April is simply because we had to shuffle A Silent Voice screenings to March, and as we are a very small team here at Anime Limited we want to make sure each film gets the attention they both deserve."

Well, it just seems Manga in general are better at marketing and getting anime in the cinemas. Even Cineworld had some screenings of Ghost in the Shell (not a huge amount, but at least some).
Your Name has had the widest theatrical release of any recent anime and had heaps of praise from mainstream press, like Empire etc, so...

Your Name has had the widest theatrical release of any recent anime and had heaps of praise from mainstream press, like Empire etc, so...
Your Name was also available at an additional cinema near me compared to DBZ. The cinema responsible for all 5 of the screenings I attended. I'd likely have only seen it twice if it was at only the same cinemas as DBZ.

I'm not sure it's fair to compare the excessively overhyped Your Name with more standard anime fare. In fact comparing the types of theatrical releases Manga and AL are doing in general seems like a bad idea, as they seem to be aiming for different audiences.

Back