UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Just checked the product page & the release date is 22/7/24. Never seen a product go up for EB after the release date before. šŸ¤£
They probably had to wait for the last stock in the clearance sale to finally go.
Really should get round to watching my copy some day.

Hopefully whoever they hire will start doing the monthly Newswire announcements again.
I just hope the job involves talking here as well (probably not I can understand this forum not being as big as other places for communication but would still like it).

AL, give me something to buyyyyy!!!!! It has been 3 years since you said that I have nothing to worry about you realeasing Kakegurui Season 2 šŸ˜­
Think of it this way. At least you're saving money
on something you really want, and for any essential spending you may have (if any).

There are quite a few already released titles I like myself, but I haven't been bothering with pre-orders lately, nor have I been rushing to buy them, because I chose to set aside money for holidays (mostly Glasgow trips) and for the essentials (e.g. car repairs), plus a few titles from other distributors (UK or overseas) that I want more (e.g. Tokusatsu titles from Discotek).

Last edited:
AL, give me something to buyyyyy!!!!! It has been 3 years since you said that I have nothing to worry about you realeasing Kakegurui Season 2 šŸ˜­

I'm still waiting for them to release We Rent Tsukumogami, which they picked up the license for about 5 years ago now... They've even responded to me here in the forum a few times over the years that it was still in the works and is coming, but it's been over a year or more since they last told me that, and I'm thinking their licence will be expiring soon if it hasn't already. sigh. I was super-looking forward to that release. :(

I'm wondering if we're ever getting the Cardcaptor Sakura movies as I know the second one was announced at least and I think the first was mentioned?

Though I've already decided I'll get the Discotek releases eventually and if we do get them, I'll replace them.

Along with We Rent Tsukumogami there's also Comet Lucifer, Gakuen Basara: Samurai High School! and High School Fleet which was announced way back. I personally feel they're never coming at this point but I'd like to be proved wrong.

I'm wondering if we're ever getting the Cardcaptor Sakura movies as I know the second one was announced at least and I think the first was mentioned?

Though I've already decided I'll get the Discotek releases eventually and if we do get them, I'll replace them.

Along with We Rent Tsukumogami there's also Comet Lucifer, Gakuen Basara: Samurai High School! and High School Fleet which was announced way back. I personally feel they're never coming at this point but I'd like to be proved wrong.
From what I can remember, they haven't licenced the first movie. In the end, I chose not to wait any longer, and ordered myself Discotek's release of the two movies (alongside Metal Hero series Space Sheriff Sharivan and Mobile Cop Jiban).

But yeah, it is annoying when they announce something, and do nothing with it for so long to the point where the license expires before they had the chance to release it.

And regarding cinema releases, they haven't yet announced the nationwide dates for City Hunter: Angel Dust, Macross Plus: Movie Edition, Komada - A Whisky Family and The Concierge. The former two were announced last year, while the latter two was only a few months ago.

It (Cyborg 009) was a series, it was broadcast in Japan in 2001 and was shown on Toonami in the US. It's one of the early 2000s series locked in Sony hell like Blood+.

Ah, OK - well, at least I do have these in my collection:

bloodplus1.jpg

I actually asked Andrew a few mcm's about the ccs movies and he said "thanks for reminding me"

This weeks preorder is an even more expensive version of Macross Plus. No EB pricing on this one.
AL really want to show the fans they're nothing to them but wallets.

They should stop trying to hire a new community manager & instead hire a political spin doctor because, at this rate, they're going to need someone that can make a šŸ’© sandwich look like a Belgian chocolate cake!

Back