UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Hi everyone, update for Love Live Nijigasaki, they have offered and exchange for the set for me, but are claiming that mine is the only one they are hearing complaints about. So if your copy arrived like mine, best to contact them and try to get an exchange too.
So I checked and mine is like this but it's only something you'd really notice if you examine the case from the bottom, as from the front it looks fine. But yeah it's slightly too long for the case which is causing the paper to scrunch up. I reckon they're all like this (they'll all have been printed and cut on paper of the same dimensions) so be interesting to see what your replacement is like as I bet it has the same issue.

So I checked and mine is like this but it's only something you'd really notice if you examine the case from the bottom, as from the front it looks fine. But yeah it's slightly too long for the case which is causing the paper to scrunch up. I reckon they're all like this (they'll all have been printed and cut on paper of the same dimensions) so be interesting to see what your replacement is like as I bet it has the same issue.
Yeah, I guess I'll see how it goes, I'm going to send it back on Tuesday next week (currently in Japan until Sunday) once I get the replacement I'll post here to see if the issue is resolved.

Pompo is good and will happily grab that, Free! though is a bit like those Psycho-pass Sinners of the System movies where theres the spectre of a potential CR release thats more complete. though that may never get released by them and its been a while so I get it.

Looking for Magical Doremi is very neat and its first major English release, good stuff.

If CR does decide to release Free id probably put the disc in the set.(same for sinners of the system tbh) As I doubt the set will be as good considering the prior films just got a triple pack as it’s CE. But yes buying that, Pompo and Doremi.

The only pre-order title I am interested in is the Garden of Words steelbook, and pre-orders fo that open on the 13th, so I can at least add it to my Easter Sale order. I hope the £100 free international shipping is available for this sale, or else I'll have to skip this sale and wait for the Summer sale.

Eh, I don't know how to feel. It's super cool that AL has licensed Looking for Magical Doremi but... It would have also been nice to get the original TV series. I wonder how much you can get out of the movie without having seen the original Ojamajo Doremi TV series.

I will get the Doremi movie cause it is so charming and lovely but it is really unfortunate that the TV series is not licensed. Also Symphogear UK license and release WHEN??

Last edited:
I think I'll be buying Pompo and Looking for Magical Doremi.

This description for Pompo made me laugh:

nestled within an artwork-adorned rigid slipcase

It reminded me of the way chocolates are marketed. If you pay less than £5 then things are "coated" in chocolate. Pay more than £5 and they're "enrobed" in chocolate.

Coming soon to cinemas from Anime Limited (and a good choice):

Fs-_sp2X0AE7iuh

The Tunnel To Summer: The Exit Of Goodbyes, Studio CLAP's 2022 film. A theatrical trailer was recently rated by the BBFC.

CLAP is the same studio who worked on Pompo: The Cinephile, and the director of the film is Tomohisa Taguchi who also directed Akudama Drive and Bleach: Thousand Year Blood War.

Eh, I don't know how to feel. It's super cool that AL has licensed Looking for Magical Doremi but... It would have also been nice to get the original TV series. I wonder how much you can get out of the movie without having seen the original Ojamajo Doremi TV series.

Free movie is also nice but it sucks ass that we don't have any of the three seasons licensed for UK release. (Yeah, the second season WAS licensed but that release has been out of print for a while and I missed out on it).

I will get the Doremi movie cause it is so charming and lovely but it is really unfortunate that the TV series is not licensed. Also Symphogear UK license and release WHEN??
You don't need to have seen the Doremi TV series to enjoy this movie. It has quite a few nods to it but it's really self contained. It's more about reconnecting with your childhood which as an adult I really connected with.

Back