UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I believe the expression "If you don't ask, you don't get" applies here. Ultimately it's a missing subtitle track on a live action "extra" that most people wouldn't have even been aware of had it not been flagged.

I believe the expression "If you don't ask, you don't get" applies here. Ultimately it's a missing subtitle track on a live action "extra" that most people wouldn't have even been aware of had it not been flagged.
What does it matter that it's "only" an extra (forgetting the fact that "robust bonus video content" was one of the big bullet points for their release)? The fact is, that a part of their "ultimate" Evangelion release is literally unwatchable unless you understand Japanese. For a product that costs £200 having such a glaring error (how did it even make it past a first pass of QA?) having a well-documented and accessible replacement scheme should be the bare minimum. They absolutely should be automatically sending you out a replacement disc if you had bought it directly from AL. Only knowing that a replacement scheme even exists because you read it on a niche web-forum should be, frankly, inexcusable.

In the past, if a release had a fault that warranted a replacement, AL seemed to go out of their way to make it accessible, whether it be a dedicated page on their website about the scheme, or sending out replacement to those who bought direct without them needing to take action. These days, it seems they only do it begrudgingly, with you having to contact them directly, stating what your issue with the disc is (as if they aren't already aware) and making no effort to make the replacement scheme widely known.

I too got my replacement disc 5 for Evangelion in the post today. Many thanks to Anime Limited. 👍

I must say I'm rather surprised — especially given some previous examples of Japanese licensors' hyper-protectiveness of assets such as AL's original tight-fitting art box for Your Lie in April or (as @Blaize found out first-hand some time ago) Sentai's chipboard case for Legend of the Galactic Heroes — that I was sent the Eva Blu-ray without any stipulation beyond providing my order number as proof of purchase. I was almost expecting to have to first provide evidence of the destruction of my original disc 5 in the form of video footage showing me affixing it to a wooden cross before setting it alight in an act of ritual sacrifice. 😛

Perhaps in this case Khara were forced to concede that so many buyers performing this same act in unison might trigger a real-life Third Impact and, with it, the annihilation of their target market all life on Earth.

Well it wasn't listed as releasing on the 25th in the last blog post (which is kinda ridiculous as it would suggest they've known since March and just haven't bothered to let people know...) so I think it's probably safe to assume it's delayed.

Rep on Discord said there will be a blog post on Monday so I guess you may get a new date then.

Still need to apply for one, but I agree for how much hype they gave the Eva set it is fairly ridiculous there isn't an active replacement scheme for the error disc.

Damn an anime I've never heard of, how about that. Emma sounds like animu Downtown Abbey

Conan P2 came super quick - will add it to next month's purchases for sure.

Back