UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I adored Birthday Wonderland at Scotland Loves Anime, so am definitely picking that up. Tamako Market and Sword Art Online Alicization look great too.

how far retroactive is this streaming thing with the discount? starting to consider it after realising how much alone i've spent on gundam in the last year
The discount isn't retroactive. If you have an annual membership, after your free trial you'll be sent a discount code that you can use as many times as you like to get 10% off future orders. When people talk about having "saved" an accumulated amount with the discount, they're basically stacking up the value of those 10% discounts and comparing them to the £39.98 cost of an annual subscription.

I like this new system as well. While it's been a bit fun anticipating what goes up every week (with a few surprises along the way), it made economic planning a mess at times. Now I can plan what to buy and how much cash I ought to save in advance. And if the EB hint means what I believe it means, I'll be a bit poorer come Friday.

I adored Birthday Wonderland at Scotland Loves Anime

Oh that's nice. I though it had great visuals but everything else was pretty "meh". Mind telling what you liked about it? I don't mean it in a hostile way, more like I'm genuinely interested in knowing what someone with a different opinion thinks about it.

I found Birthday Wonderland to be a 6/10 ~ 7/10

It felt a very VERY flat Ghibli-kinda-feeling film and while parts were funny I can't really say "I think you should buy this film because....."

Oh that's nice. I though it had great visuals but everything else was pretty "meh". Mind telling what you liked about it? I don't mean it in a hostile way, more like I'm genuinely interested in knowing what someone with a different opinion thinks about it.
I think it really captured that innocent, fantasy escapism that films like The Cat Returns have. It was just really charming. I'd give it a solid 8/10.

I adored Birthday Wonderland at Scotland Loves Anime, so am definitely picking that up. Tamako Market and Sword Art Online Alicization look great too.

The discount isn't retroactive. If you have an annual membership, after your free trial you'll be sent a discount code that you can use as many times as you like to get 10% off future orders. When people talk about having "saved" an accumulated amount with the discount, they're basically stacking up the value of those 10% discounts and comparing them to the £39.98 cost of an annual subscription.
it says the free trial lasts 3 days, am i pretty much buggered if i wanted to use the discount on SEED?

Speaking of Seed I know it's big thing is the new English Dub it's translation but they did ever state if the Japanese audio was re recorded or if the subtitles were getting a new translation?

Hm? A normal series is 35 as ce, a movie 20-25, so by running time the price range kinda fits? 🤔

(Admittedly I would have liked less pink personally)

But individual sets would have digipacks and I imported it over 3 years ago for less and yes as a fan of that series I really really really really hate that design like why is Mochi not on the main art but no three girls because ofc.

If I knew it would be that expensive for Tamako, I would have imported ages ago, it's cheaper. Before people start with it's a collectors ed, not really my thing, I'm running out of shelf space as it is, I don't need things that aren't discs on shelves.

Anime Limited titles now available to pre-order on Amazon and MVM's AOL:
(Disclaimer: Amazon links are affiliated, which will support me if you buy anything through the links provided.)

Back