Anime Limited 12 Days of Christmas 2018

AL has some responsibility my contract when I purchased is with them not DADC. And omg shipping going wrong at Christmas most popular time of the year surprise. For me it’s they went on holiday early, yes it’s a shame they sacrificed some of their time but they didn’t respond en masse till the 21st Dec... 9 days after the whole event ended. MVM pre empted the delays and tweeted straight away as soon as they didn’t feel it would reach Christmas, for me it seems AL waited till the last possible moment. And the email only seemed to focus on bundles fat lot of good that was for me.
That is the difference between depending on an outside entity for shipping vs packaging and shipping the orders yourself. AL could only go off the lack of information Sony DADC provided wheras with MVM Tony knows how much he is able to do in a day and could see from his workload that not everything would be shipped in time.

That was a joke about how people overreact and this current & immature "I'm going to boycott" culture. It was also a dig at AL's propensity for release delays.

Of course if you're one of those prone to outbursts & disproportionate levels of upset then feel free to be offended as that seems to be another popular movement at the moment.

AL usually puts a lot of effort into resolving things and they've done so many disk replacement schemes at their cost for tiny things when compared to others. Manga uk for instance has released & ignored some shockingly broken ones, so I think we're in safe hands should there be any issues (damage, missing items etc.)

It does feel to me like a lot of anger is still seem to be aimed at AL and not the responsible party (that people are naming as Sony DADC).
Manga have surprised me on multiple occasions this year and I did vote them best distributor easily they won for me, with the CR deal, MHA and SE of Sac within 6 months. AL disappointment E7 Hi evo got no se So I had to buy the CE just to see how bad it was, delays delays delays they said they changed but they haven’t every title I’ve bought has been delayed by at least a week. But AL are brilliant apparently when they are average, they are as good as FUNi in my eyes.

That is the difference between depending on an outside entity for shipping vs packaging and shipping the orders yourself. AL could only go off the lack of information Sony DADC provided wheras with MVM Tony knows how much he is able to do in a day and could see from his workload that not everything would be shipped in time.
So why can a lot of companies effectively manage outsourcing and seems AL has massively failed. No emails so people waiting in for maybe nothing is just wrong and they should be ashamed BOTH companies should be. I Would say it’s 85% sony’s Fault but that doesn’t absolve AL. Which is what seems to be happening companies can mostly outsource effectively AL do that with Tony but can’t with Sony it’s a joke. I am glad I only spent a small amount and it was nothing I wanted to watch over Christmas as that’s long gone now. Having to chase up information when they could put it on twitter or their website is a absolute joke how can people absolve that. Lack of communication maybe but now they have the information they should publicize it. (This is in regards to the 17th Dec releases and the backlog of Sony’s)
The lack of wide publication goes back to your name as well only get a replacement if your a member of forum or big on anime well done...

Manga have surprised me on multiple occasions this year and I did vote them best distributor easily they won for me, with the CR deal, MHA and SE of Sac within 6 months.

The rapid release of GITS SAC SE was great... Except they made out it wasn't coming and I ended up with the pricey giant CE (which I will one day sell for the SE). AL did do that with FMJ season 2 though.

I am not making AL out to be some super company, I just trust their aftersales whereas I've been stung by manga uk too many times. I still buy Manga uk releases though, I just wait a little while to see if there are any glaring issues and I wait until they have actually completed all of a release's season(s).

AL do that all the time, MVM do all the time aswell I've just learnt a standard edition of a MVM title has been delayed by 3 months cos lols. In America sentai and Fun release SEs and CEs same day and I want it to happen here but I don't think it will. As Sentai CEs are full of crap and MVM usually copies some of the crap yes I dont like massive artbooks if I dont love the show. I want SEs of those shows. Just a shame a show I would have a CE of scums wish never got one.

In fairness to AL, Manga deceiving me into believing the £100 GitS gigantic square... thing release was the only option for the foreseeable future, then almost instantly re-releasing it for £30 (not stupidly large, as an added bonus) is impossible to top as far as shittuing on customers goes. That's a whole 'nother level of idiocy delay mishaps can not compare to.

I sense much density, so to be clear here: until the eventual boycott gets going over the AnimeLate saga, I am not demanding the (Blu-ray, not DVD) KlK CE1 I used to own only a few months before AL decided to give away #2&#3... and not end up sending, so far. Do I think it's unreasonable to expect Andrew's own copy of KlK CE1? Not really: he gave my friend the complete KlK box set + other goodies to apologise for delays... I think Christmas ones, again, predictably. I feel somewhat slighted, in comparison, tbh.

Al has done the same with FMP (Never getting FUmoffu in SE form whoops they did), Gurren Lagann (Films never separate oh whoops and better CE too) at least they promised never to do UE exclusive since. And apparently manga didn't get the green light for a SE till the 11th hour anyway. I dont even boycott i just dont like waiting for the same or inferior disc is why I import gundam Wing is the best CE i own and G's coming next week. I gave AL a chance with 00 as I don't love it oh 2018 is gone ye t no news no longer 10th anniversary of S1 maybe get S2's 10th anniversary or if very slow the film's.

Do I think it's unreasonable to expect Andrew's own copy of KlK CE1? Not really
I’m sorry but I don’t normally involve myself in this kinda thing but this really is some kind of entitlement that I don’t understand.

“I brought a TV from curry’s but it’s late as the distribution place messed up. I want the managing director of curry’s to give me his sound bar for the inconvenience. No no, I don’t want one from a store I want his.”

I have no words.

I’m sorry but I don’t normally involve myself in this kinda thing but this really is some kind of entitlement that I don’t understand.

“I brought a TV from curry’s but it’s late as the distribution place messed up. I want the managing director of curry’s to give me his sound bar for the inconvenience. No no, I don’t want one from a store I want his.”

I have no words.

I think you'll find he's being facetious.

Back