Anime Limited 12 Days of Christmas 2018

Do I need the movie to have the true ending to the series? I bought the UE back when it came out, but thought the movie wasn't necessarily a continuation.

For E7, you just need the series. Not any of the movies or sequel series. General feeling is that anything after the original series is pretty bad. The immense dislike I have for Good Night, Sleep Tight, Young Lovers is pretty intense.

Its not a good film but its better than anything else they did. I wish BONES would let it die. Unless film 2 is good but the trailers suggest it aint WHY IS ANEOME AN IDOL IN THE PREVIEW

I haven't seen Hi-Evolution, but I honestly can't imagine how it could be worse than the first spinoff film considering my opinion of that is that it is absolute trash.

Picked up Noragami S2 finally, will have to try and find a copy of S1 now. I still like the show a lot and I think for £20 I'd regret not buying it, especially if it ever gets a S3. Was very tempted by Tatami Galaxy but I have review discs so it was too difficult to justify when I've already spent quite a lot on anime so far. ^^;

I haven't seen Hi-Evolution, but I honestly can't imagine how it could be worse than the first spinoff film considering my opinion of that is that it is absolute trash.

Haha oh it is. It tempts you with new footage then goes into an in coherent mess of using recap footage in bizarre orders and trying to change the story of said recap scenes at the same time.

Eureka Seven is so badly handled by Bones is not even funny, after the movies are over they could write a thesis on how not milk a popular series.

I will have to disagree, TG anime is a adaptation of a manga where clearly the focus is selling the source material.

E7 is in my eyes, Bones baby, they keep treating it badly.
E7 got a full 50 episode anime though and then some bad films and an arguably bad spinoff. Poor TG has an anime only second cour and then the continuation manga gets 121 chapters crammed into one 12 episode cour.

Either way they’re cases of studios treating their properties/licences badly, and it’s always unfortunate to bear witness to it when you’re invested in the series.

Last edited:
E7 got a full 50 episode anime though and then some bad films and an arguably bad spinoff. Poor TG has an anime only second cour and then the continuation manga gets 121 chapters crammed into one 12 episode cour.

Either way they’re cases of studios treating their properties badly, and it’s always unfortunate to bear witness to it when you’re invested in the series.

But that's my whole point, TG isn't theirs.

--------------------------------------

Anyway I really don't want to use too much money (I bet MVM will have stuff for me later on the week). I will also skip today, EotE is great, the TV series, the first movie was also fine.. but the last movie left me a bad taste in my mouth, I don't want to revive that feeling.

I'd love to know what I could count on before these sales start lol Even buying the bare minimum (already skipped stuff I would get on ''weekly sales''), I'm already at over 100 euros, which is still very much within expectations but who knows what's coming. If it seems like I'm being overly picky, it's cause am I on propose, it's a way to avoid going too far.

Last edited:
But that's my whole point, TG isn't theirs.

--------------------------------------

Anyway I really don't want to use too much money (I bet MVM will have stuff for me later on the week). I will also skip today, EotE is great, the TV series, the first movie was also fine.. but the last movie left me a bad taste in my mouth, I don't want to revive that feeling.

I'd love to know what I could count on before these sales start lol Even buying the bare minimum (already skipped stuff I would get on ''weekly sales''), I'm already at over 100 euros, which is still very much within expectations but who knows what's coming. If it seems like I'm being overly picky, it's cause am I on propose, it's a way to avoid going too far.
Sadly it’s their licence until otherwise noted so TG is still being withheld. I’ll hold out for another studio to save it. But I digress since this isn’t really on topic 😉

I’m also holding out for some interesting deals in the MVM sales. Some EB type deals would be a nice option.

I've had some restraint this year due to the fact anything I did want I already own and I see zero sense in owning a series more than once. So that was no Tokyo Ghoul or Escaflowne for me :(

I've bought Tokyo Marble Chocolate, Prison School, Samurai Flamenco Pt 2 & Tatami Galaxy so far.

I won't be buying the mystery box so it's just today and tomorrow as my last temptation :)

I've had a lot of restraint this year too! Only bought SamFlam 2.
Going by the list of what the mystery boxes could be I think I'll take a punt as I only own three of them!
Plus I can see them being sneaky and throwing in something from after the cut off date (how else they gonna shift all those copies of re:ZERO :p:D)
I jest AL please don't hate me!

Back