Anime Expo 2014 - A Certain Blu-ray Index, it's Scientific

Re: Anime Expo 2014 - Raildex coming to Blu-ray ALL OF IT (F

Dark Horse will be releasing Oh My Goddess! in Omnibus editions (at least 15) with a larger art size, improved paper, and extra color art inserts.

I'm gonna guess it's going to be like the Cardcaptor Sakura Omnibus sets (not that I have them but yeah).

Hopefully the Raildex BDs are region B compatible, are there any news on that?

I already own the season 1 DVDs (and have Railgun S on the way as well) but if it's compatible, I'll double dip, I love the series.

Y2Johnny said:
Hopefully the Raildex BDs are region B compatible, are there any news on that?

I already own the season 1 DVDs (and have Railgun S on the way as well) but if it's compatible, I'll double dip, I love the series.

Considering the series is from Geneon Universial chances are unlikely (licensing reasons) but we'll have to wait about 2 weeks until the October line up is revealed before we know the regions.

I really hate the term "Raildex" so I suppose it's appropriate that Funi would use it in official press releases.

ilmaestro said:
I really hate the term "Raildex" so I suppose it's appropriate that Funi would use it in official press releases.

I still call it the 'A Certain' series if that helps. I used Raildex since it fits on the title.

Hardly your fault that Funi are pushing things in that direction.

I still need to buy the first series of Index on BD, so I guess I will end up begrudgingly handing over my cash anyway.

I'm actually curious on whether the first Index series is going to be an Anime Classic style set or a standard complete set similar to either Panty & Stocking (Artbox set) or Legend of the Legendary Heroes (Blu-ray sized combo pack).

Though I am stunned that it's coming out quite soon and with that September, October and November are packed with special releases. Here's a few that are coming out in those months:
- A Certain Magical Index II - Complete Part 1 Limited Edition
- Attack on Titan - Complete Part 2 Limited Edition
- Beyond the Boundary - Complete Series Deluxe Edition
- Blood Lad - Complete Series Limited Edition
- Gargantia of the Verdurous Planet - Complete Series Limited Edition
- Hanasaku Iroha: Home Sweet Home - Film Premium Edition
- Highschool of the Dead - Complete Series Deluxe Edition
- Kill la Kill - Complete Set 2 Limited Edition
- Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions! - Complete Season 1 Deluxe Edition
- Love Live! School Idol Project - Complete Season 1 Premium Edition
- Nyaruko: Crawling With Love - Complete Season 2 Premium Edition
- Sailor Moon - Complete Set 1 Limited Edition
- Valvrave the Liberator - Complete Season 1 Limited Edition

My money is dead.

I'm I the only one annoyed at:

A Certain magical index - Limited edition artbox
A Certain magical index II - Limited edition artbox
A Certain scientific railgun - Limited edition artbox
A Certain scientific railgun S - LOL NO! FUNi TROLLED :D

Bastards.

NormanicGrav said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but they didn't actually say Kyoukai no Kanata was coming out anytime soon. The Final Bluray volume has literally just been released in Japan too.

Jon O Fun said:
I'm I the only one annoyed at:

A Certain magical index - Limited edition artbox
A Certain magical index II - Limited edition artbox
A Certain scientific railgun - Limited edition artbox
A Certain scientific railgun S - LOL NO! FUNi TROLLED :D

Bastards.
Maybe they realised that a combination of dub Railgun being painful to listen to, as well as a show animated at 900p being released as DVD only will result in people being less likely to buy it.
I'm only concerned with what the packaging for the BD upgrade will be like. Will they have artboxes? Will they be BD size? Will Index II be DVD size like the DVD only Index/Railgun sets or BD to match upcoming sets? Does Funi know what consistency is?

Mangaranga said:
NormanicGrav said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but they didn't actually say Kyoukai no Kanata was coming out anytime soon. The Final Bluray volume has literally just been released in Japan too.

Good point, I thought it was going to be December release but if it's a 2015 title then that's fine with me.

NormanicGrav said:
Yesssss

- New license: Maria the Virgin Witch
wat

NIS America
- Confirmed Release: Hanasaku Iroha: Home Sweet Home, coming October 21st 2014 (most likely Blu-ray/DVD combo)
Yesssss

Sentai Filmworks
- Confirmed Release: Tari Tari will have a Blu-ray release for November 2014
- Confirmed Release - Deluxe Boxset Edition: Beyond the Boundary Super limited deluxe edition filled with awesome extras and more for November 2014
- Confirmed Release - Deluxe Boxset Edition: Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions Season 1 numbered limited edition box set loaded with fun extras, goodies and much more. Nov/Dec 2014
Yesssss

- Confirmed Release - Deluxe Boxset Edition: High School of the Dead deluxe boxset includes all 12 episodes and OVA in addition to some goodies for November 2014
Goddamnit. I'm gonna have to buy this show again.

I'm so glad I only like about 1 in 10 anime series, if that. I'm also glad that AoA continue to not license any of that 1 in 10.

fabricatedlunatic said:
I'm so glad I only like about 1 in 10 anime series, if that. I'm also glad that AoA continue to not license any of that 1 in 10.
What's that in your avatar, then? :s

ilmaestro said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
Promoting Colgate? *bad joke*

Mangaranga said:
Maybe they realised that a combination of dub Railgun being painful to listen to, as well as a show animated at 900p being released as DVD only will result in people being less likely to buy it.
I'm only concerned with what the packaging for the BD upgrade will be like. Will they have artboxes? Will they be BD size? Will Index II be DVD size like the DVD only Index/Railgun sets or BD to match upcoming sets? Does Funi know what consistency is?

Knowing FUNi i'm guessing it'll be a combination of cases and boxes... Index Season one Blu ray sized cases (no artbox) Railgun Season 1 DVD sized (no case) Index Season 2 Digipack (WITH artbox) they all have slipcovers too but they'll be the wrong size and most likely have the title spelled wrong :p

ilmaestro said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
vxOkeBfl.jpg

:p

Hahaha, well played, well played.

Must have been a lot of effort rotating that arrow 135 degrees from the last use you got out of that image. :p

Back