Anime Expo 2014 - A Certain Blu-ray Index, it's Scientific

Re: Anime Expo 2014 - Dozens of Sentai Filmworks announcemen

I'd be down for a decent sub LE for Chuunibyou and Kyoukai no Kanata - possibly even HOTD. At the end of the day though it all comes down to what the Video Quality is like for me, although a release with nonhuge White Subs would probably win me over :3
Can't really make any comments about a dub yet as I believe the Chuuni Dub Director is Emily Neeves. I'm willing to give her a chance since she's not Stephen Foster or Chris Ayres - so maybe, just maybe the dub won't be utter ****.

Re: Anime Expo 2014 - Deluxe set for 3 titles confirmed (Sen

It's just weird to me how we've moved full circle back to eight million shows being licensed before they've even aired, is that not what nearly caused the industry to collapse in on itself last time?

Are you like... ending all your sentences in an upwards lilt as if you're a character in an American sitcom? :p

But yes, I've seen them doing it for a few seasons now. It just really seems like that was what caused more than one company to hit the ????er five years or so ago.

I think it's because so many shows are available for legal streaming now, they want people to know they're going to be released so they don't download them for archive purposes.

Looks like some Funimation titles were announced at their Preview panel last night.

One Piece Collection 10 (Season 4 Voyages 3 and 4) and Season 6 Voyage 1 will be coming out this September.

https://twitter.com/OnePiecePodcast/...14534466957314
One Piece Collection 10 out on September 23 with Franky cover
https://twitter.com/OnePiecePodcast/...14656693145600
Season Six begins on September 30. #funimation
EDIT: http://onepiecepodcast.com/2014/07/0...cast-and-more/

EDIT 2: https://twitter.com/OnePiecePodcast/...23594989850625
@joshkocurek says they're looking into getting ahold of Movies 1-7 soon. Takes time, but they try to get everything they can.
https://twitter.com/OnePiecePodcast/...26567988019200
FUNimation may look into the acquisition of the Episode of Nami/Episode of Luffy specials

And .hack//SIGN has been spotted for an August release on their EVS Subscription service, which could suggest a late 2014 release.
.hack//SIGN - Season 1 1-25 Sub TV-14 8/12/14

And Vertical have announced some Satoshi Kon short stories.

Re: Anime Expo 2014 - A Silent Voice manga (Kodansha)

NormanicGrav said:
Kodansha Comics have licensed A Silent Voice for Spring 2015.

And Attack on Titan has sold 1.5 million copies.

And don't forget, Rightstuf will be announcing their 4 new titles in just under 4 hours.

I'm interested to see how long AoT keeps crowding out the top selling manga list on Amazon. Not to say it will stop being popular, but surely there'll come a point soon who everyone who's going to buy the first few volumes has got them?

Crunchyroll Panel - Interview with Eiko Tanaka, Producer of Studio 4C
Interesting, Eiko Tanaka said Studio 4C will have 2 anime films in the next few years (2015 and 2016/7 respectively).

Berserk Golden Age started off by highlighting all the important points in the arc during Golden Week. It was also originally supposed to be 1 movie, but the director ended up adding more to the point it was split into 3 films. In terms of choosing the music, they pick the right artist to express the emotion of the main character during the end credits (hence the song Blood & Guts that express Guts' feelings over the events of Egg of the King and further on).

Viz Media - Sailor Moon Set 1 Details
Info 1
Info 2

Boxset 1:
- Coming November 11, 2014
- Episode 1-23 remastered
- 88 page full color booklet
- Premium chipboard box (shimmery)
- 6 discs - 3 DVD and 3 Blu-ray
- SRP: $79.98 (~£46.61)

Pre-order Bonus Info
Pre-order bonus: 1 1/2 inch gold coin. Limited numbers only.

LE Design Info
LE box design

Very nice, I'm glad the chipboard boxes for Sailor Moon will each hold two sets. That should make it look more organised on my shelves.

(This is the moment where the UK industry should be leaping in and promising all kinds of riches if they want to capture the importers, because I'm preordering this show and not looking back the second it's available - presumably Monday. Also, more product pictures need to have the annotation "shimmery!".)

R

Rui said:
This is the moment where the UK industry should be leaping in and promising all kinds of riches if they want to capture the importers, because I'm preordering this show and not looking back the second it's available - presumably Monday. Also, more product pictures need to have the annotation "shimmery!".
For some reason, I can't wait to see Jerome do another rant. This time being Sailor Moon.

NormanicGrav said:
For some reason, I can't wait to see Jerome do another rant about it.

I'll look forward to reading it while cradling my shimmery US box sets. Which I already have more information about than I do the UK's slow release of Attack On Titan ^^;

R

Re: Anime Expo 2014 - Sailor Moon Set 1 Blu-ray details reve

TRSI now have the BD/DVD LE and DVD sets up for pre-order.

TRSI Info:
Usagi Tsukino is a cheerful 14-year-old schoolgirl who often finds herself in unwanted trouble. One day, she saves a talking cat named Luna from some mean kids, and her life is changed forever. Luna gives Usagi a magic brooch that transforms her into Sailor Moon, defender of love and justice! Now Usagi must work with Luna to find the other Sailor Guardians and the Moon Princess, whose Legendary Silver Crystal is Earth's only hope against the dark forces of the evil Queen Beryl!

Blu-ray/DVD LE Spec:
While supplies last, customers who order this item will also receive an exclusive 1.5" coin featuring Sailor Moon's first transformation brooch and transformation phrase!

Contains episodes 1-23 plus an 88-page, full-color premium booklet, all housed in a shimmering chipboard artbox!
Special Features: Dub Recording Behind the Scenes, Art Galleries, Convention Featurettes (Extended Version).
Spoken Languages: English, Japanese, English subtitles.

DVD Spec:
Contains episodes 1-23.
Special Features: Convention Featurettes (Short Version).
Spoken Languages: English, Japanese, English subtitles.

Don't forget the chipboard artbox for LE Part 1 will hold Part 2 (which means it should be cheaper).

Great Teacher Onizuka and Toradora are coming to Crunchyroll as Catalog titles. Regions TBA but they're probably going to be NA only.

One Piece backlog will also be resuming on July 17th (despite being region blocked by Toei).

Very nice price and set for Sailor Moon. I did think it would be a little cheaper though.

I've pre-ordered my copy at RightStuf.
Advantage of my dad still living in the USA is I can ship it to him and then he forwards onto me. Makes it a nice price for me.

I am happy it's not coming out in September as that month is already tough on the wallet!

Sailor Moon Voice Cast Confirmed:
Stephanie Sheh as Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon
Kate Higgins as Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury
Cristina Vee as Rei Hino/Sailor Mars
Amanda C. Miller as Makoto Kino/Sailor Jupiter
Cherami Leigh as Minako Aino/Sailor Venus
Robbie Daymond as Mamoru Chiba/Tuxedo Mask
Michelle Ruff as Luna
Johnny Yong Bosch as Artemis
Danielle Nicole as Naru Osaka
Ben Diskin as Gurio Umino
Tara Platt as Ikuko Tsukino
Keith Silverstein as Kenji Tsukino
Nicolas Roye as Shingo Tsukino
Cindy Robinson as Queen Beryl
Todd Haberkorn as Jadeite
Liam O'Brien as Nephrite
Lucien Dodge as Zoicite
Patrick Seitz as Kunzite

Rui said:
Very nice, I'm glad the chipboard boxes for Sailor Moon will each hold two sets. That should make it look more organised on my shelves.

(This is the moment where the UK industry should be leaping in and promising all kinds of riches if they want to capture the importers, because I'm preordering this show and not looking back the second it's available - presumably Monday. Also, more product pictures need to have the annotation "shimmery!".)

R

100‰ agree, if there's any UK company even thinking of releasing this there's a time and a place for "nothing to report at this time" and it sure as **** isn't now! If you're going for it Manga, MVM, or Anime Limited get on every social network know to man and make it known or you're gonna lose a hell of a lot of sales.

Even better all you've gotta do is go on Twitter and say 'no, we don't want to release Sailor moon' and we can all import without looking back. :)

Jon O Fun said:
Even better all you've gotta do is go on Twitter and say 'no, we don't want to release Sailor moon' and we can all import without looking back. :)
Not leading people on with a load of "It's F'king nothing"? That's not the Manga way!

I'm probably going to get the DVDs (The BR's are too much of an unknown quality to be worth it especially at $80).

Back